“Hidden Treasure” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Bodega B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Took a shot with Groupon and came out big winners. We checked out their website (beautiful) before committing and all we can say is the web site doesn't do justice to the place. Small intimate place with only 18 rooms but service and attitude of a five star skyscraper hotel with a multitude of employees. The owners, husband and wife, couldn't do enough to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent, our room was great and the place was simply lovely. Wish we lived within driving distance and we would be there every couple of months for a weekend get-a-way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shelray1
oakcreekmanor, Owner at Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your comment and feedback, We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and it is pleasure to provide 5 stay service to all our guests. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

What a great get away! Absoloutly beautiful grounds, the room was spacious and nicely decorated. The huge jacuzzi tub was delightful. We so enjoyed the delicious food too, dinner was superb and the breakfast was as well. Johanes was a gracious and accommodating host, he was friendly and interesting to talk to, but never intursive. We found him to be a very busy man that makes sure he provides the best experience for his customers. I am so surprised by the ealier comments that say otherwise.... what more could you possible want? We were waited on and had all of needs met in a friendly and professional manner. During our evening wine tasting we enjoyed a pleasant conversation with Johanas... friendly, interesting & a good sense of humor. Thank you we will be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
oakcreekmanor, Owner at Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments and feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again very soon.
Marin County, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I can't comment on the rooms as I never actually stayed here. I only booked a room and had a terrible experience with the owner. I reserved a spa package the day before by phone. On the way to the hotel I was close by and received news of a death in my immediate family. I tried to call the hotel to cancel but my phone went dead. I was close to drove there in a terrible state. There was no one at the desk but then I presume it was Johannes from the other reviews that walked in. I informed him why I could not stay and offered to pay for one night- he said no he would charge me for the 2 nights and spa package which included dinners. I was not in a good way and repeated why I could not stay. He was rude and said he could give me a gift certificate. Since I thought I would be out of state for some time and now saw the level of service I said no, that I would deal with my credit card company. He said fine but he would charge me, that the hotel had a 14 day cancellation policy. I was not told this on the phone nor is it on the website.

I had no other contact or experience with the hotel so your stay might be different. I did notice that the exterior of the hotel looked more run down than the photos. So far my credit card company has temporarily reimbursed me for the $900+ charge. I did not read other reviews prior to this experience, now I see there have been other problems. I am hoping the owner realizes that he will drive business away this way. Had he handled the situation with more kindness I would have been happy to check the place out again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank Epiphany1953
oakcreekmanor, Owner at Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments and feedback, we are very sorry for your loss, and our prays are with your family, You have booked the “two day spa and dinner package” which clearly states that special package must be pre-paid and non refundable upon cancellation, you were informed when you booked the packages on November 8, along with the spa appointments one for Friday at 4:00 pm and one for Saturday at 11:00 am that this reservations cannot be cancelled anymore and the full amount will be charged to your credit card with the confirmation number C-23478
One Friday afternoon, you come to the Lobby at 2:00 pm to cancel your reservation, you were informed by Carl that the package is non refundable upon cancellation, The owner could not been rude to you as he had no inter action with you. Carl informed me about your situation and I authorized him to issue you a gift certificate for the whole amount to use an other time. You also were yelling in the lobby, there was nothing else we could done,
Your comments about the Villa: I did notice that the exterior of the hotel looked more run down: We improved the entrance with new signs, new paved parking lot and we just finished a new paint job for the entire Villa,
Thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to your next visit

Travelers are raving about these Bodega hotels

Whittier, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We would like to address this directly to the owner/operater, Johaness (sorry if my spelling is incorrect ). My husband and I never take the time to write reviews on anything, but in this case we felt it was worth our time. First of all we'd like to comment on how pretty the building is and the grounds. You obviously took some time and effort in this area of the resort. When we first drove in we were immediately impressed with the olive tree lined driveway and the front of the buidling is gorgeous. Once we went inside to check in everything changed. First there wasn't anyone at the front desk.. we had to call to get service. Then when you came to the front to help us you immediately made us feel unwelcome and as if we were disturbing you.
We were given this trip as a gift from my husband's sister and so when you mentioned a fee that we thought was covered you were abrupt and seem to be irritated that we were questioning anything. Our room was large and very nice with the wood buring fireplace. The decor and furnishings could be updated, otherwise it was very nice and cozy. The grounds were landscaped beautifully and the area was quiet and secluded. All in all this would have been a wonderful stay if we had been given the appropriate customer service.
In a business where you are in constant contact with people who are vacationing you "have" to be overly warm, friendly and attentive. It doesn't matter how great the rooms and ammenities are, how one is treated is just as important. If that's not your personality then you need to have someone working up front that does have that personality. We have read over and over on this site people saying the same exact thing.. customer service is greatly lacking and to the point of being down right rude at times. We had the pizza for dinner on our first night and it was delicious, but when my husband complemented you on how good it was you barely ackowledged him. In these hard economic times this is a very bad choice for someone running a business. There were only 3 other couples there when we were there.. very telling.
Instead of feeling defensive.. we feel you need to take to heart these reviews and make some changes if you want people to want to come to your resort and for people that do stay there to want to return. The first day we were there we said we would never want to come back, which is very sad because this place has the potential to be awesome!
Reviews are everything these days.. people make decisions on what they read in reviews.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
30 Thank Lianne D
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I believe in keeping reviews short and to the point when the negatives outway the positives. Why waste your time as a reader.

The facilities and location were very nice, but the service at this place is shockingly bad. Why would anyone choose to run a business like this if they lack the interest in relating with their customers? The simple fact is that despite the looks of the place, the ownership is either permanently stuck on curt, rude, and cold or thinks that all one has to do is provide nice accommodations to give guests value. Regardless of the reason, we all wat value for our money now more than ever and service providers like this one need to realize we as customers have the ability to make well-informed choices.

The number of reviews here complaining about the exact same problems should be a red flag. So, choose wisely. I wish I had.

• Stayed May 2012
21 Thank Kurai2012
oakcreekmanor, General Manager at Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your review and comments, we are confused about your stay,
You stayed with us in May 2012 and write this review in November 2012 without any details about our short coming in services.

El Dorado Hills, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We booked a two night stay after buying a living social/groupon type deal to celebrate our 13th anniversary. I wish we had paid better attention to the deal, which promised reservations in a deluxe villa room. Upon arrival we were shown to a country room, which really wasnt bad, but not what we paid for. Unfortunately, we didn't print our a copy of the deal beforehand, and couldnt look up the deal on our phone without paying $10/day for wifi access. When we asked about the availability of the deluxe villa, we were gruffly told it was an extra $50/night. Our bad for not printing out the deal so we could call him on it. The owner also gave us a ton of attitude when we cancelled our couples massage (cancelled one day prior). Not a bad place, but for the price there are much nicer accomodations available nearby. And without the pompous attitude. The final insult was that he charged us the taxes due for the deluxe villa, despite our accomodations in the cheaper room. Lame.
On the plus side, the breakfast is far better than any included breakfast I've experienced.
All in all, the owner could take a few lessons in customer service. Or hire a manager and focus on handling the books.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank 85Sarah85
oakcreekmanor, Owner at Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your stay with us, The deal included the Villa room which you stayed in. The room had private deck, jetted tub, radiant floor heating and fireplace, In regards to the Massages ,we have made an exception, as you were aware there is a 24 hour cancellation policy, the Couple massage was cancelled less then 12 hours.
We are glad that you enjoyed the breakfast each morning, the taxes and resort fee were not included in the deal.

Thank you for your comments.
Morgan Hill, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

We too had a groupon for our weekend stay and were so glad we did. We would not have learned about this place otherwise. We very much enjoyed our dinner cooked onsite and presented to us in our room complete with white table cloth. Breakfast was more than we expected and was very enjoyable. Lots of fresh fruit, yogurts, cereals, wonderful pastries and delicious frittata. We had great spa treatments, took advantage of the jacuzzi, and fireplace in our room. The grounds are beautiful and our room was spacious and very clean! I'm not saying it was complete perfection but we would come back. A little disappointing was that the jacuzzi closes at 9:00 PM (a little early), coffee in our room was not replenished, and the wine tasting was not really a wine tasting. I tasted one out of the 5 wines offered but never saw anybody behind the counter after that as he was busy with other things. We hope to be back.

Room Tip: Our room was right across from the pool but being that it closes at 6;00 PM it was never a problem...