“Still a good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of California Inn

California Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Blythe
California Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Blythe
“Still a good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

I am helping some young people cycle across the USA. The route goes right through Blythe. I've stayed here before when I did the route and it was good then. It appears that most of the hotels here have dropped their national affiliations. I found the rooms OK and the service excellent. My young friends have been camping along the route, but wanted to sleep inside due to a long day. Not only did Hymie (sp?) Make arrangements, he found storage for their bikes.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have read some of the reviews and I do not have any clue what these people are talking about. The staff has always been very accommodating and friendly. I stay here every month for 1 night. Granted it is not a long stay but I stay every month. During the summer months it is very hot in Blythe. If you have never been to this area or Phoenix during the summer there is nothing you can compare this horrifying heat too. The rooms are warm when you first check in but cool off quickly. I stayed at another hotel in the area one time and the air conditioner did not work well at all. The room did not cool off until about 2 in the morning. Other than the heat, which the hotel has no control of, this is overall an excellent family friendly place to stay.

***Best part is that the beds in the king size room are so incredibly comfortable!!!!!!***

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Cloudcroft, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed at the California Inn twice during September on our way to the coast and then again on the way home. This is a spacious room and a great value at $60 - $70 with an AARP discount. The room is clean, the beds and pillows comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and the continental breakfast was good. We spent some time at the pool and it was nice and clean. I would recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: If travelling when the wheather is 100 plus, request an East facing room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Good Standard Room, quiet which is of great value to me. Should turn over the staff - grumpy and wished they were somewhere else

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank shipster
Temecula, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Room size: 400 sf+-, feels "roomy"

Room Amenities: Small fridge, microwave, coffee pot w coffee, iron & ironing board, sink separate from wc, good ac, dresser drawers, nite stand,

Hotel amenities: Good pool, ice machine, atm on site, morning self service b'fast w coffee, juice, cereal, self make waffle "iron", nothing special but OK

Location, ez freeway access, Sizzler across street, walking distance w coffee shop nearby on corner

NOTES: they still haven't painted a "California Inn" sign on the property and I drove right past it

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cwright408
Florence, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

This hotel is NOT a Hampton now. It's going under the name of "California Inn" and the Hampton signs are covered up.
I stayed for 2 nights and found the check-in staff to be surly and grumpy. When I got into the room, I found the fridge unplugged and several lamps unplugged. Maybe they're on an economy kick and think this saves money. I also found a long black hair in the tub. There are nicer hotels in Blythe. This place is on the ropes!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank KentuckyColonel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with our baby on our way to LA. We had a great time relaxing in their pool, which was clean and cool. The room was very nice. I didn't get a smile from the staff at check-in, but she wasn't grumpy or anything. My only suggestion to them would be, to get a sign, or a bigger one if they have it. We drove right by, because the sign that used to say "Hampton Inn" was covered up, because they are now the California Inn, which we didn't see anywhere.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family