“Throw-back lounge.”

Ranked #7 of 41 Restaurants in Blythe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ate in the lounge portion of the building (enter through the back). Throw back from the 50's. Red booth's and table cloth's. Martini's are good (not many places in Blythe have a full bar). Dean Martin would be at home. I had the Top Sirloin and the cut was good and cooked right. The baked potato was dry, but adequate. The salad bar was small, but delicious. If you eat dinner in Blythe, make it early, many of the restaurants in town close at 9 pm.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

If your a local in Blyth, CA you know all about the Courtesy Coffee Shop. But for you folks who are looking for a quick and delicious meal stop here. Its just down the street a couple hundred yards south of the big fast-food places. I've been stopping there for the past two years during my several trips from Chandler, AZ to Southern California and back. Silvia and her mom are waitresses at the Courtesy, and I think Silvia must have taken lessons from Dale Carnegie as she remembers everybody's name. The food is tasty, breakfast served all day, the portions are large and very affordable.

1  Thank David J
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We ate here because it was walking close to the motel. Very dated. Waitress was unpersonable, she only conversed with the regulars, but served the food hot. Had to wait for coffee refills, coffee was very bland. The one we didnt have was friendlier. Food was poor for the price. Wont be back.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A nice cafe on the main drag in Blythe. We had a very nice breakfast. A good meal, good value and excellent service Definitely better than the chain places by the freeway.

2  Thank jcwillis1
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family and I had lunch here on our way from Phoenix to Los Angeles. We had read good reviews of the food, but I was a bit concerned when I first saw the restaurant. "Run down" is the term that immediately comes to mind. I became more concerned when we sat down in a half-full restaurant and no one approached us for nearly ten minutes. Finally the waitress brought us menus. We found there a nice selection of coffee shop fare, from breakfast to sandwiches to salads.

We ordered two omelettes, a burger, and a cobb salad. The omelettes were good, and were served with wonderful hash browns, which were crispy on top and bottom, and not at all soggy. The hamburger disappeared in the hands of my 8-year-old son, which is high praise. My cobb salad, surprisingly, came with olives and beets in addition to the traditional toppings. I ordered bleu cheese dressing with it, and was surprised when I received a small bowl-full of the stuff. But it was delicious and clearly homemade, and to my embarrassment, I enjoyed it so much I nearly emptied it!

I'll also note that the bathrooms are in poor condition, and to be avoided if you can. But despite this and the shabbiness of the building, I still have to give a thumbs up to Courtesy Coffee Shop for their high quality food.

1  Thank VenturaKevin