“Dry food, bad drink”

Red Cactus Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Red Cactus Bar & Grill is Blythe California’s only full service restaurant and sports bar! Featuring a full-service dining room, relaxing lounge space and energetic bar area, Red Cactus Bar & Grill is the perfect place to enjoy a delicious meal, watch the game or catch up with friends. Specializing in steaks and burgers, our mouth-watering meals can only be matched by our extensive beer list and hand-crafted cocktails. Our Head Chef has personally designed each meal, offering a wide-variety of menu items. Feel at home at The Red Cactus where the service is personal and the atmosphere is relaxed.
Murrieta, California
“Dry food, bad drink”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was anxious to visit the newest restaurant in Blythe. My experience was not pleasant. There is a separate noisy bar, and a dining room. But there are also TVs in the dining room.

The service was fine. I asked for a Mai Tai, one of the drinks featured on the menu. It was so sweet that I couldn't drink it (too much grenadine). So I ordered a red wine instead. I wasn't very hungry, so I ordered sliders. The meat was good, but the rest wasn't. The bread was dry sliced French bread with no sauce on it; I had to ask for mayo and catsup. The waiter assured me the fries were great - they were cold.

To top it off? When I got the bill, the returned Mai Tai was still on it. It took a while, but the waiter finally got the charge removed.

An unpleasant, noisy experience.

• Visited October 2012

“A foodie oasis has been filled in Blythe!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Wow open two months ago and both the food and staff is already a foodies delight.
Our server James rocked the house knows the menu and all the full bar section.
From burgers, steaks, Salads, interesting starters to a few well re imagined stuffed Chile poblano this definite a place to share a meal.
Will definitely stop here again.

1 Thank Yodotdog
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Not for vegetarians”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was amazed to visit this new restaurant with a nice classy atmosphere, and find only one vegetarian item on the menu (stuffed chiles). When I asked my server if they had veggie burgers, she told me that they would be adding it to the menu because it is so often requested, with an air of "who knew there are people who don't eat meat!" I ordered sides, and was extremely disappointed when my "sauteed seasonal vegetables" turned out to be soggy broccoli with a few red onions. Most of the others in my party were disappointed with their small serving sizes and bland food.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank hemispingus
Powell, Wyoming, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food and service in Blythe”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The Red Cactus has wonderful food and great service! Try an orange margarita and the red cactus burger while you catch a game!

• Visited September 2012