“Hmmmm... What happened?”
Review of Rebel BBQ

Rebel BBQ
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Blythe
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Stuck in the midst of the food chain outlets: McDonalds, Pizza Hut, etc. The Rebel BBQ sign was a beacon calling to us, "Stop, stop. I'm different, I'm good!" We did. It was. We'll be stopping again on our next road trip to Ca.
Henderson, Nevada, United States
“Hmmmm... What happened?”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Have stopped in here before last year and the food was very good. Stopped in last month and the ribs were totally overdone to e point of being dry. Thought this was a fluke and Stoppard by again at e end of my business trip and had the same experience. What's up Rebel?

1 Thank Dan T

hamilton
“Amazing food”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

stopped here on the way to Tuscon as we had read the reviews for this place, well the reviews were good, we had pulled pork sandwiches and beef tip sandwich and both were tender and tasty. we had the bbq beans as a side and oh boy they were amazing. the place doesn't look much but don't let that stop you - the food is GOOD

1 Thank jaanja
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing brisket”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We always stop here when traveling between Phoenix and Southern California. I have not ordered anything but the brisket because I am obsessed with it! So delicious. Oh yeah, I did try my son's pastrami, amazing too. Try it.

Chandler, AZ
“A little disappointed!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My gf Anna and I went to Rebel BBQ after reading the reviews here. We were less than thrilled, but not totally disappointed. I had the slab of ribs with garlic bread and beans. The beans were quite tasty, with chunks of meat in them. The garlic bread was a toasted roll with a touch of garlic. The ribs were cooked to the point where all the meat came off the bone at the first bite. That's over-done to my way of thinking. I do a lot of smoking myself, and I prefer a bit of chew to the texture. The ribs seemed mushy, like they had been sitting in a steam table for too long. The rub, if there was one, was bland, lacking the zingyness that it should have had. There was only one sauce available in a squeeze bottle, and it, too, was bland. I asked the cash register attendant for something spicier, and she said to add some hot sauce to what I had; they didn't have anything else. Anna had a hamburger with fries. She felt it was tasty, but ordinary. I had some of her fries and they were good.

This is a restaurant where you order at the counter and pay up front. The gal there didn't seem to be having a very good day - no smile, no life. She wasn't rude or inefficient, but she seemed preoccupied and not into her job. The food came quickly enough - no complaints there.

Overall, given the reasonable prices, it was an OK experience, but I don't think we'd go back. Of course, we don't go through Blythe very often, either.

• Visited November 2013
Seattle
“Fantastic simple high quality BBQ”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a real treasure. High quality BBQ in a simple, fast food place. Really tasty food, good value, friendly service.

• Visited November 2013