“Horrible at best.”

Blythe, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible at best.”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I ate here last night and was not impressed. I ordered the rib eye. The steak had absolutely no seasoning. It was floating in juices. The mash potatoes were extremely lumpy, the vegetable medly tasted like it had freezer burn and had a cheap little dinner roll. I spent 29.00 for this. The staff is really slow and rude. I watched 4 different groups of people get up and walk out. There was a table with dirty dishes on it from before I had arrived and still was there by the time I had left. It took a hour to get my meal. The restaurant was not busy. There were only 3 tables filled before I had arrived and 4 tables came after I had gotten there and all 4 had left. I don't recommend this place at all.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank ERnurseTraveler

West Phoenix, Arizona
“Good place to eat in Blythe.”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Finding good food on the road between Phoenix and Palm Springs is and has always been a challenge. When we travel through Tonopah, Quartzite and Blythe you have the usual cacophony of fast food outlets, and sometimes we just don't stop at all. If you are traveling through these places in the daytime, quite frankly it isn't always visually inviting. However, knowing the locals must eat somewhere other than fast food and convenience stores we left the interstate and hit the main drag in search of a nice meal. After driving up and down the length of town we settled on the well lit and inviting Sunset Grill on the east end of town.

Parking was easy, and though the building clearly dated from the 1960's or earlier, we found the place clean, well lit and well maintained.

The menu was pretty basic cafe fare, and the prices were in the $10-12 range per entree.
Our waiter was very friendly and helpful, and our food order arrived promptly.

We found our meals to be very tasty and cooked to order. The food was very high quality and more than ample quantity.

If you are not in the mood for the hustle and bustle of fast food, are looking for a good sit down home cooked meal and have a few minutes, chances are you will like this place.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank ggandsteve
Menifee, California
“If You Gotta Eat, You Gotta Eat”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I have now eaten at the Sunset Grill four times. This is only 100% due to its location of being in the parking lot of the Days Inn which is where we stay when going to the Colorado River for the weekend. If I had choice, any choice, other than the Sunset Grill I would choose the alternative. In my opinion there is little to like about the restaurant: the service is extremely slow, usually b/c there is only one waitress working regardless of the day. Sometimes there will be a full restaurant of river goers and only a single waitress and single cook to handle it all. The food is below average. I have ordered four different things on four different days attempting to find something that was good. I even ordered a sandwich for breakfast but was given a sandwich that I did not order. After the long wait for the food, there was no way that I was going to send it back. On top of the food and service, there is an additional room off to the side for larger groups. The room has two very nice sized televisions and our group felt like watching the news. I asked if the TV’s could be turned on and was told that those TV’s do not receive service. Good TV’s, no service, hmm!
The location, convenience, and price are the only things that the Sunset Grill has going for it.

2 Thank Wiley12