“Fine dining, on a European timetable.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Redlands, California
“Fine dining, on a European timetable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is a grand dining experience, as long as you realize it's served slowly, and not one feeling of being rushed. Very similar to the 'European style', one of which for us in Rome took 3 hours from start to finish. But I REALLY like this feeling!

And, the restaurant is so homey, set in a renovated mountain house. And everything has been thoughtfully set...down to the lovely mix of napkin rings!

The food was exceptional. I had the salmon with a lovely yogurt/horseradish/dill sauce...I ate every bite! The only sad thing was that the meal was so good, I had no room for dessert. But, as we were leaving, we were offered small squares of lemon/poppy seed cake.

Our friends travel from Glendale often, just to dine here. We will return often, as well.

• Visited June 2012

Lake Arrowhead, California
“Diamond in the woods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Very good food. Great service. The sweet potato side dish is amazing. My favorite place in the Lake Arrowhead area. Be aware this is not a fast food place. if you have the time you won't be disapointed.

Visited May 2012
Lake Arrowhead, California
“ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

As a Lake Arrowhead local my family and I complain that good dining choices on the mountain are limited. However, we are very fortunate to have Casual Elegance as a go-to restaurant, knowing that we will always eat great food and receive excellent service. This is the place we recommend to out-of-towners who ask where to dine, and is where we go for special occasions. My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here and last Christmas Eve we took the extended family for a wonderful holiday dinner. Cathleen the owner works very hard to insure that everyone has a great experience in her restaurant. Casual Elegance is somewhat of an institution here on the mountain, having been in business for many, many years. You can't go wrong dining here.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CA Mountains
“Absolutely Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

If you love delicious gourmet food, this place is for you! Their menu is simple, fresh, and seasonal. Enjoy the quaint ambience. You can even bring you own bottle of wine (corkage fee) and be prepared to bring your $$$.

Visited May 2012
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

We can't say enough about the quality of food at Casual Elegance. This is top quality food and I will drive an hour and a half from Los Angeles just to get dinner here. The duck was cooked perfectly and the mushroom barley soup I could have eaten all night. Perfect seasoning and portions. Can't wait to return!