“Love this place”

Dining options: Reservations
yorba linda
“Love this place”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is an easy review. I live in OC and come up to the mountains regularly on business. I've had lunch and dinner at Stone Creek over the last several months. The food is always interesting, well thought out, excellently prepared and most importantly, delicious!! The wine selection is truly amazing for the overall size of the restaurant....here's a tip, don't just look at the wine list, ask what else they have. They have everything from French Rose to huge California Cab's and blends that are not on their list! One of my favorite places to eat, period....oh yeah...Brussel Sprouts! Have to have the Brussel sprouts!

• Visited June 2014

Las Vegas
“Chef with Style”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

First time visitors...at 6:00 we were the only customers there, by the time we left, 7:15, 5 sets of people had arrived. Atmosphere is upscale diner & as someone else posted, unless you want to be ALONE, sit in the main dining rm/bar. The food however, is not diner, it's first class! We both had the Duck and it was presented beautifully and tasted divine. The celery puree, German cabbage complemented the dish ...but the hazelnuts were over the top. From travelers who've lived in Germany 17 yrs and traveled all over Europe...this Chef knows his way around a kitchen.... with style.

Lake Arrowhead, California
“Mountain gem”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I had been meaning to write a review of this fabulous little bistro for some time now and I was quite surprised at one of the more recent reviews that was so negative. We have been dining at the bistro since it opened and have had a wonderful experience every time. What keeps us coming back are the impeccable and creative dishes that never disappoint. We are always warmly greeted and seated right at the time of our reservation. The rustic industrial vibe of the restaurant is just the right kind of comfortable with an edge.

I do feel like I need to address some of the negative comments by one reviewer. First of all, bandanas are biker attire? I've seen many open kitchens and bandanas seem pretty standard. Such an odd thing to negatively mention.

The comment about the owner/manager being a slobbering drunk is downright slanderous. In all of the times we have dined at the restaurant, which is well over two dozen, we have NEVER seen him intoxicated. All of our interactions with him have been very friendly and pleasant.

Normally I wouldn't bother to comment on someone not liking an appetizer but seriously, I'd like to live off of the smoked bacon mac & cheese fritters. The smoked bacon really makes these fritters amazing and the green onion buttermilk dressing that is made in-house compliments them perfectly. Store bought, give me a break... and I find it hard to believe they would ever be sent out "black in several places".

Between the two of us we have pretty much worked our way through the menu and enjoy seeing the seasonal changes. I'm a huge fan of any salmon dish the chef comes up with and my husband can't stop talking about the flat iron steak. You can see and taste the passion and pride that the chef puts into every dish.

What it comes down to is this... If you are looking for the best food and dining experience on the mountain, you'll find it at Stone Creek Bistro.

1 Thank CraftyPancakes
Crestline, California
“Worth Every Penny”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

What a spectacular dining experience! While the food and style of service is more high-end than most places on this side of the San Bernardino Mountains, it is still casual and comfortable. The larger of the two dining areas can get a little loud and rowdy but I have not found it to be overbearing. The service is outstanding and the food of every type is just superb. The greatest of care is taken even with what most would consider to be a mundane side dish. The regular menu is always supplemented by great specials. Stone Creek Bistro is more expensive than most dining options in the area. However, it is well worth it.

2 Thank KoHoSo
Palma Mallorca
“The best place in the area”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was really surprised when I read the disparaging report on this restaurant. We stayed at a local hotel and just had to go somewhere different and this was recommended. We are European and have travelled all over the USA this summer and quite honestly value for money and standard of food and service was great. The owner seemed friendly and the server worked really hard. The "guys with bandannas" were working very hard too and serving up good quality food.
The portions were good size and the salmon we had was as good as most. My teenagers are fussy but they even enjoyed it especially the pasta. As for the wine I asked for a California recommendation and received a very reasonably priced white. Perhaps we went on a lucky day !!!