“Early Dinner.”

Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Blue Jay
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had a very well prepared dinner with excellent service. This is a family owned restaurant and the owner's family are the primary staff. The chef and my waitress were both family members. The food was very good.

2  Thank LaJollaReviewer

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I waited until my second trip to Stone Creek to write a review, to make sure it was as good as the first time. In short- it was. Everything about it is delightful, from the family run feel to the trim but inventive menu. There is something for everyone, and the desserts are worth saving room for. Stone Creek is clearly King of the Mountain

3  Thank mrg128
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This location was previously a Mexican restaurant, which by the looks of it, burned and then stood empty for years. We noticed new signage last year but every time we drove past it, it was shuttered. Alas, we found out it was due to the fact that they only service dinner (opens at 5PM, I believe) and we usually go to Blue Jay during the day. We finally decided to check out the place for dinner on Memorial Day. Thankfully, we were able to get seated even though we didn't have a reservation because we went early.

The tomato soup! THE best I've ever had. Topped with a little grilled cheese toast. Also ordered the appetizer calamari, which was not to my taste at all. Nothing wrong with the dish, just not my "cup of tea." Peter, our waiter, replaced it with the appetizer mussels without any hassle, which was much appreciated. But it turned out I didn't need to order anything else, as I was STUFFED after the soup. The husband had their hamburger, which he deemed to be one of the best he's ever had.

Great food, great service. We're so thankful to have such a place as a dining option in the mountains! Thank you Stone Creek Bistro!

3  Thank Kelly C
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The food was very good. We enjoyed the mountain ambiance. Restaurant has been open about one year and is owned by a father-son team with the son being the chef. I would have given it a five star if they had not been sold out of the special for the night, which the person at the neighboring table told me was outstanding. If I had not been 1/2 hour late for the reservation, maybe they would not have been sold out. When we go back to Lake Arrowhead, I am sure we will eat there again.

2  Thank SWESanDiego
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We enjoyed our first of many meals at Stone Creek this past Saturday night. We didn't have reservations but were lucky enough to get a table within a few minutes. Great eclectic menu, plenty to choose from but not so many choices to be overwhelmed. We shared a delicious salad with radishes and marcona almonds. The light, lemony dressing was perfect! My boyfriend had the pork chop and I had the salmon. Both dishes were delicious! We saved room for desert. The homemade vanilla pudding with vanila wafers and bananas brought me back to my childhood and the doughnuts with coffee pudding were yummy! The owner broght over some complimentary port to our table which was a nice treat! If any room for criticism, I would say that our lovely waitress could have used a little help in the busy dining room. We will definitely be back very soon.

2  Thank uniglobetravelgirl