All reviews long bay kite surfers grace bay sister property personal concierge adult pool growing pains hourly shuttle stunning resort beautiful furnishings deluxe suite dinner restaurant pool bar took care of our every need sea grapes the hotel manager nespresso machine
Selected filters
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Let me preface this review by stating we did not even check in to the resort so I can’t comment on the rooms, grounds, facilities, etc.

What I can comment on is the TERRIBLE customer service we received by the front desk staff and manager on duty.

We booked a week long vacation at The Palms, a sister property of the resort located on Grace Bay beach. Unfortunately, midway through our trip, The Palms lost electricity, along with a majority of the island. Due to the duration of the outage, we chose to move to The Shore Club as we were told the property maintained power. The Palms was more than accommodating during the outage and the staff was happy to help a group of us move properties to The Shore Club.

Now this is when things completely unraveled. From the moment we sat down at reception at The Shore Club, we could tell they were arrogant and unaccommodating. We were told by The Palms that there would be a Junior Suite with partial ocean view available for us at The Shore Club, to match the room we stayed in at The Palms.

Guess what - no Junior Suite available with partial ocean view when we arrived at The Shore Club. The front desk was only willing to provide us with a pool or garden view room. We asked if we could be moved (upgraded) to a bigger room with an ocean view simply due to the fact that they wanted to DOWN GRADE our room after all we were put through. The front desk REFUSED to assist.

We were blatantly told by manager on duty - ANTHONY JOHNSON - that the room we were booked under at The Palms was of a category that “wasn’t eligible for an upgrade.” What does that even mean!? We had suffered for 24+ hours without power or air conditioning and this is how you treat your guests coming from your sister property?

The Shore Club told us there WERE nicer available rooms available but we would have to pay the difference. What a JOKE! Our vacation was already partially ruined since we were forced to sleep and function under extremely hot conditions for 24+ hours on a tropical island. The Shore Club had the audacity to attempt to place us in a lower ranked room and not help us with a better experience by upgrading us when there was blatant availability.

The front desk manager smirked at me the entire time I was explaining to him that this is not how a 5 star resort should treat guests. At one point he said “are you checking in or not” - wow, what a winning personality with winning customer service skills (NOT)!

Not to mention, Anthony Johnson (manager on site at The Shore Club) conveniently left in the middle of our discussion to “have dinner with hotel reps” when he told us he was still investigating the situation further. ARE YOU KIDDING? I’m truly mind blown by the lack of professionalism of these people.

We called The Palms back and spoke directly to the general manager who was willing to take our call immediately. He profusely apologized for the trouble we found ourselves in, told us to return to The Palms immediately where we’d be taken care of. Upon arrival, we were immediately taken to a beautiful suite (we didn’t even ask), and power was restored later that evening.

I’ve traveled the world for work and have stayed at numerous hotels/resorts. The experience at The Shore Club was honestly horrendous. While the power outage was not the fault of the resort by any means, a 5 star resort should be accommodating, apologetic, and simply sympathetic to the fact that our trip was already severely compromised without power for 24+ hours on an island where day time temperatures are in the mid 90s.

This is not a difficult concept, Shore Club. But clearly, your employees can’t process that.

If there is a GM who would like to follow up with me directly, I am happy to discuss this experience further.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
10  Thank Caroline B
Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

I just returned from the most luxurious vacation in Turks and Caicos‘s. The shore club is located on the beautiful and serene Long Bay. Yes, away from shopping and tourist sort of attractions… But all of that is just a quick shuttle away. The resort is beautiful, impeccably clean and beautifully maintained. The best part of this resort was the staff. Each and every staff member greets you with a smile and hours out of their way to make sure your stay is memorable. Will highly recommend to family and friends and hope to return someday!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank lindaeL5077GK
Reviewed May 30, 2019

I stayed at the Shore Club May 19-24 ,2019.It was by far the most wonderful experience that I have ever had.The Shore Club is the most elegant resort I have ever stayed in.Not only is it beautiful ,but the staff were warm and thoughtful and they will accommodate your every need.Thanks Stan I left happy.

Reviewed May 28, 2019

Oceanfront rooms facing the sunrise are some of the best on the island. The staff of Kerly Agenor and Angie Pierra were lovely to work with. Friendly and professional. The multiple pools are clean and inviting, the beach provides several miles of walking, without the nuisance vendors that have invaded Grace Bay. The rooms are large, updated and appointed in such a way you could live there. Very nice fitness center. The reason for not an over-all excellent review is the restaurant is not on the level of the rest of the resort. Once that happens they will rival any other property in the Turks. Drive time from airport is 20 minutes. Our new favorite location on Provo.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Provo2010
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

Beautiful scenery and very friendly staff. We had a garden terrace room on the first floor, so basically non ocean front. It was quite lovely with top notch features. They assign you a personal concierge and you can exchange conversations via text. The beach setup is great, they are spot on setting up towels, umbrellas etc. For our anniversary our concierge set up balloons and a bottle of presecco which I thought was very nice. A couple of thoughts. We really wanted to do a day boat trip and to get a dinner reservation at Coco Bistro, neither of which we could because we didn’t pre plan. Also a lot of Kite Surfers on our beach. I regret not trying it. Other than that it was a great relaxing resort. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple