“Freshest fish ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Groper & His Wife
Ranked #3 of 15 Restaurants in City Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth City, Western Australia, Australia
“Freshest fish ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Been coming here for years .Always a must for my UK relatives as they just love it
Simple looking fish bar ,tables are outside but we always go across and sit in the park opposite
There is a good choice of wet fish ,ready for the batter,also various flavours available and salads ...
It's been our regular for 0ver 12 years now ,not cheap ,but 'real'fish never is

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Switzerland
“Awesome fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Best fish and chips I have ever had! The fish was excellent, nicely battered, crispy and just melted in my mouth. The chips were perfect as well, nice and crispy. Very friendly staff. Great for take away or just sit outside and enjoy with BYO. I will continue to come back!

• Visited April 2014
Maroochydore, Australia
“Fish that just melted in ones's mouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

My friend's son asked for his favourite fish and chips for dinner while I was visiting them. We went to order some take away and I noticed that the shop was pretty busy. Got home and we had it for a family meal. I am not one that is truly keen on fish but I was really impressed with the texture and how it tasted. I could not believe how it just melted in my mouth. I didn't stand a chance with a hungry young boy so I only managed 4 mouthfuls before it was finished. I would definitely recommend the place!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank KMSM44
North Sydney, Australia
“The best fish and chips.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Ate here last night on the recommendation of a couple of locals. At first glance, the few bench style tables outside of a takeaway chippy in a shopping centre wasn't that inspiring. Decided to stick with it and ordered the snapper and chips. Well I can truly say they were the very best we have ever tasted. The fish was superb and the chips very very good. The staff provided a couple of wine glasses so we were able to have a glass of our BYO. Eating the meal on paper on the outside table was just lovely on a warm Perth evening.
In this city of very overrated and incredibly overpriced food just a basic simple meal like this was a breath of fresh air. Well done to all involved in this little place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Toone463
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic Fish & Chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My second visit here, the best fish & chips I've tasted in Perth. The crunchy spicy batter was fantastic. Everyone of the chips were nice and crunchy. Great selection to choose from including loads of fresh salads.The shop is very clean and no oily smell. Staff were friendly.
Keep up the great work peaple.

• Visited September 2013