“Can't fault”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2017

Went for lunch today on a Scoopon voucher. Staff were fantastic and very flexible with allowing us to order from either the breakfast or lunch menu. The drinks and meals came out within 5-10 minutes of ordering. The chicken and leek pie tasted home made and the big breakfast was extremely well cooked. We will be back soon!

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Living south of the river, my wife and I seldom travel north for a meal. However, we saw a tempting Scoupon offer and as we had a medical appointment nearby we made a booking.
We were pleasantly surprised to find the location was in a quiet residential area, away from the hustle and bustle of the Beaufort Street strip.
My wife ordered a Club Sandwich and I had the Ploughman's Lunch/Tapas. The Club Sandwich ($16.30) was well constructed. Plenty of chicken and bacon, quality bread.and moist egg. It was a little on the dry side and would have benefited from a side of mayo.
My Ploughman's Lunch ($18.40) was no ordinary ploughman's. The regulation cheese, pickled onions,pork pie and pickles were accompanied by nicely grilled chorizo slices, marinated artichoke, sun-dried tomato, olives, boiled egg and wedges of avocado. The rye bread was very good quality and the meal thoroughly satisfying. The menu indicated the dish would be a good entree for two. I'd go further and say it would make a fine lunch for two light eaters.
We enjoyed our meal and the coffees that we had with the meal.
The service was friendly and efficient even though it was apparent there was a little on the job training taking place for a couple of less experienced members.
I noted a couple of earlier reviews suggested this establishment had slipped in standard under new management. Judging by the steady stream of customers during a mid-week visit, any problems have been resolved.

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

Really enjoy this cafe. Food is always great. Very tasty and flavoursome. Small pancakes were great although would prefer maple syrup to honey but thoroughly enjoyed it. Good service

Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

My boss and I have taken walking in our lunch break... We came across Coode Street Café... Great coffee.... The only downside is only 1 size for takeaway and it's a tiny cup ... Need a larger size also

Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

Came here for lunch mid week, wasn't too busy or noisy. Great selection of sweet and savoury food options. Had the salmon and asparagus quiche with greek salad - delicious! Pleasant atmosphere, staff were friendly. Will definitely be back to one of Mt Lawley's hidden gems.