“Unexpected delight!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was a drop in and the staff made room for me and my friend
I had little or no expectation of the food so...
I was completely thrilled to have some of the most wonderful Asian food I have had for a long time.
Just brilliant!

Reviewed May 6, 2018

First time for us. We wanted take away. Really good menu. Excellent and helpful staff.
Very pleasant and comfortable furniture and decor - we will return soon to have a sit down meal. Our dishes were very well prepared and tasted really good. We were very impressed.

Reviewed April 23, 2018

I had many a meal in the Han Palace in Bennett St and when I heard that the ex-owner's son Chris had opened the Fat Dragon in Mount Lawley accompanied by the original Han Palace chef, we had to give it a try.

We visited for lunch with friends and the food and service was exceptional. It truly lived up to the standard I expected and although not on the menu, you can order one of their old signature dishes Lantern Beef which was delicious.

They are fully licensed, but do allow BYO with an $8 corkage charge which we thought was reasonable.

I have not been to all Chinese restaurants in the Perth area, but the Fat Dragon, must be one, if not the best. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Well, a bit of a curate’s egg. The food was very good and the service generally attentive. One more senior front of house staff member was a little “pushy”. We joked about it at first but when our host went to pay he tendered his card and said “credit” but she put it through their cheque account and simply refused to change her mind. He didn’t want to create a scene so let it slide. Really though, how is that good service?

Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

We visited Fat Dragon before a show at the Astor. The booking process was easy and we got served with heaps of time to spare before Showtime. The food was delicious, the service was friendly and accommodating. Great that you could byo, but be prepared for $8 corkage! Will definatly return.