“Nice find”

Monggo Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 75 Restaurants in Mount Lawley
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian, Contemporary
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions
Description: Monggo restaurant offering a contemporary Indonesian cuisine, with a great approach on traditional taste and flavor. Example menu duck betutu, a confit duck leg and grilled with Balinese betutu sauce; Babi kecap, 6 hours slow roasted pork belly with crispy skin and kecap manis emulsion. A different experience on Indonesian cuisine.
“Nice find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

The place is very cute, nice decor, staff friendly and the food was quite nice. Could improve on floor staff knowing a routine (ie offer plates before food is served) but overall, a very nice place to visit. We will be going back.

2 Thank MartaPerth

“Nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Heading out to a show as part of the Comedy Festival we decided to give this little hidden treasure a go as it was close to the venue and in the Entertainment Book. It was just before the evening meal rush and they must have been heavily booked as staff wanted assurance that we would not be longer than an hour. This suited us perfectly. Starting with a shared entrée of chicken satays and choosing the main meals of Bebek Betutu and Ayam Mercon we were not disappointed. I am not keen on duck so thought my chicken dish far out flavoured it, however my friend loved what she chose! The serves were ample, very tasty, the service friendly and accommodating, the atmosphere open and pleasant...we will be back.

1 Thank TrialRun
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Great cheap honest food :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had dinner here on a Tuesday night, shared squid entree - massive portions glad we only ordered one! Mains was Nasi Goreng (one veg, one meat), both very nice, only complaint the egg was a bit overcooked. We used the entertainment voucher - total cost $35 which included BYO charge. - bargain! Will be back

1 Thank Perthgirl31
Perth, Australia
“Yummy indonesian food in a fine dining style”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

THe food is good. Indonesian but in a fine dining style. Went here with my family for a voucher and loved all that was served which was a mixed of pear fruit and meat. I love the beef Ribs (a regular part of the menu), beef was so tender. I love the pear juice and the dessert which is a coconut jelly with sago.

1 Thank annematt143
“An amazing find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I organised a night out to celebrate a good friends birthday and googled restaurants in Mt Lawley, after checking out a few I already knew I came across Monggo & discovered it was Indonesian not Mongolian as I had previously thought.
I booked for 8 on the answering machine & they rang back to confirm within the hour.
We arrived at 7pm and our table was ready for us, only 2 other customers were there but within the hour every table was full & I'm not not surprised as our entrees had come out and we were all stunned by the quality and flavours.
There appeared to be only 1 waitress on duty & she was helped by what looked like the chef but they did an excellent job.
We were really looking forward to our mains. & we were not disappointed, they were equally stunning dishes, the evening cost us $35 per head & we were delighted to pay it.
It's a hidden treasure that we all vowed to go back as many times as possible to try every dish on the ample menu.
I had Sapi Guling (8 hr roasted beef ribs) for entree & Beef Rendang Kapao, both were 'to die for' dishes.

2 Thank Ghecko56