“Excellent couple and small group location”
Review of Cantina 663

Cantina 663
Ranked #10 of 80 Restaurants in Mount Lawley
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cantina cantina noun. /kanˈtiːnə/ def; a type of restaurant/bar popular in Italy, Mexico and Spain. Established in 2008, we are one of the original, funky & dynamic venues located on the famous Beaufort Street Strip in Mount Lawley, located next door to the iconic Astor Theatre. A local canteen at heart, we are all about fresh, local and seasonal produce. True to our name our food is influenced by Mediterranean cuisine with a modern Australian twist. A fully licensed venue, our extensive wine list features a range of exciting domestic and international drops, as well as lots of cocktails of course! So come on down, bring your friends and family, and enjoy yourself in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere where the staff are always ready to greet you with a smile.
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Good local produce in shared plate style with regular changes of menu to suit seasonal produce.
Service is attentive and are happy to taste the wine list .

There are newer reviews for Cantina 663

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Cantina has great food and staff are friendly and very professional. The only negative is while they change their menu (monthly I think) they are all minor seasonal changes on a similar base dish. I just wish they had more variations so I could eat here more often!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have always been a fan of the food at Cantina 663 however service can sometimes be a bit hit and miss. Last night I went there with my workmates and I wasn't going to blog about it but we had a bit of an issue so thought I would share the experience. One of my workmates is vegetarian and the waitress who took our order knew that because we ordered a whole lot of dishes to share and then ordered an extra mushroom risotto for her after I finished ordering for the carnivores. Unfortunately, our food (which was really good by the way) kept coming but the risotto did not come out and my friend was getting quite irritated because she was hungry and we were all eating. She was ready to leave the restaurant if the risotto did not come out in the next few minutes and rightly so. We asked our waitress who said she'll check on the risotto but never came back so asked another waitress (waitress 2) who came back and said it would be ready in the next few minutes and that she was terribly sorry and it was their fault and that they won't charge for the risotto.

Unfortunately when the risotto did arrive it was lukewarm, my friend was not impressed and I returned the dish for her along with our risotto as it was also lukewarm. Waitress 2 was terribly sorry and said she will get them remade (as they don't reheat) but it will take 10 minutes, however she asked my friend whether she wanted to try the gnocchi instead which will take a lot less time. My friend decided to give the gnocchi a go and luckily it was better than the risotto and she was happy not only because the gnocchi was good but also because how well waitress 2 treated her and the situation. Our risotto came back on a piping hot plate and it tasted much better than the lukewarm one from before.

When we went to pay, waitress 2 told us that our 3 mains would be complimentary as well as our duck liver parfait (which was awesome by the way) and the extra bread we ordered and said she hopes to see us again. I thought it was a very nice gesture and I made sure I told her that when we paid as there are a lot of restaurants which will not even bat an eyelid or will still charge you even if they say they're sorry. Waitress 2 was very professional, empathetic, very apologetic and dealt with the situation so well and I was very impressed with her. Our original waitress, although did not ensure that the risotto came out first was actually very professional and was able to top up our water and wine without us even noticing until we go to drink and find more wine or water in our glasses (amazing!).

Apart from that major hiccough, our dinner was great because the company and food was awesome.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Wet here busy Saturday morning don't mind to wait 20 mins for breakfast if it's good - was a bit oily for my liking. Can't complain for service - they were very friendly !

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Great food last visit. Just waited 45 mins for a salad and cheese sandwich. The poor family next to us is still waiting and they ordered before us. We had to ask when the food was coming out. No offer of free drink or bread. Not impressed.