At the appointed hour (3 p.m.), we arrived at the Holiday Inn Express (636 N Main St., Bishop, CA 93514, tel. (760) 872-2423, $129.99 per night plus $15.68 tax for room 207). The gal at the front desk struck us as not liking her job so the introduction was not good. Our room was a "king bed leisure" with a senior discount (of course). It was a large rectangular room with a window and bed at the window end. We had a view of Bishop City Park which was pleasant. There was a chest of drawers, a flat screen TV over a mini frig and microwave, a sofa and coffee table, a table with 2 chairs to use as our desks and then a sink area and a toilet room with shower (that had a door). The heating/air conditioning works, sort of. At night if we set it on 68°, cool, auto, the temperature will be 70° as it cycles on and off. The noise of the cycles didn't wake us up. The rooms was acceptable and clean but the carpet desperately needed cleaning. Although the Holiday Inn Express advertises that it was just "renewed" we guess that didn't include the carpets.
The Internet connection in the Holiday Inn Express was truly annoying. Every time we opened our laptops we had to agree to something or other and log in with a password. That was several times a day for us as we went in and out of the room (during our multi-day stay). Another annoying thing was the faint smell of cigarette smoke that we both inhaled each time we entered the room. There were two big no smoking signs on the door. Go figure. And yet another annoying feature of the Holiday Inn Express Bishop was its one elevator. It was at the far distant end of a long, long hall--as far as one could get from our room and the reception desk. In order to load the car, for instance, we made 8 trips (one to get the cart, then back to the room, two to take two loads to the car--is that 6? Anyway, it was a stupid and inconvenient place for the elevator. Next time we get a "king bed leisure" room near the elevator.)
We used the Jacuzzi and it was perfectly acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bishop's newest hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites is centrally located next to the Bishop City Park and features 66 fashionable, comfortable and tastefully decorated rooms and executive suites. Hotel features include a free Express Start Breakfast Bar offering cereals, fresh fruits, juices, pastries, toast, coffee and teas from 6.30 to 9.30 a.m. We are the only hotel in Bishop with free in-room high speed Internet access and personal voice mail with free local phone calls and the ability to earn Priority Club points that can be redeemed for fantastic merchandise, air miles or free stays in more than 3,500 hotels globally. A wide choice of rooms to suit your requirements starting from $99.00 AAA/Senior Discount, Corporate Discounts and Government Rates are also available. We take hospitality and personal service very seriously and in an endeavour to ensure that your stay with us is not only enjoyable but also the most memorable our staff are professionally trained and committed not only to meet but exceed all your expectations. Your total satisfaction is our goal and pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Bishop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Bishop Hotel Bishop
- Bishop Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Bishop