Holiday Inn Express Bishop
$137
$133
Agoda.com
$140
Bishop Village Motel(Bishop)(Great Value!)
$80
Travelocity
All reviewsindoor poolcity parkyour luggagefitness centersecond floorschat's bakkerytwo queen bedsroom was largelake tahoewould stay againclean roomsright next doorfree breakfaststayed one nightroad tripbowling alleysauna
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stopped in on my way home from Reno on a long drive, The girl at the front desk(Maggie) was as sweet as she could be! The price was a little high but the room was nice and clean and quiet even though the hotel was very full. I would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: The back upstairs is nice and quiet plus convenient to come and go
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Bishop for one night in October 2013, as a stopover from Yosemite to Las Vegas.
The receptionist was really nice and helpful, and check in was very quick. The room itself was large, clean and comfortable.
The location is also good, a walmart close by if you need to buy a few things, and also a good barbecue restaurant very close by.
All in all, a really good stay, we were made to feel very welcome. Also the complimentary breakfast was impressive, and a good start to the day.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Expect good functional accommodations. The room was large (King suite), well sound proofed and clean. Furnishings are basic but updated and not over-used. Although the hotel was full, I did not hear the other guests coming and going from their rooms (slamming doors), talking in halls, etc. No kids running up and down hallways either. Check in staff were polite, helpful and efficient. This is not a luxury hotel (there are none in Bishop). But for a standard type of hotel, it did an excellent job, and exceeded my expectations. There is a community park next door that looked good for picnics or letting kids run around and play. The location is within walking distance of a good restaurant, Whiskey Creek. Also near convenience stores, gas stations, etc. If you're going to Bishop this time of year, be sure to make hotel reservations early. The hotels fill up with individuals who work for the various governmental agencies who maintain the roads, waterways, wilderness areas, etc., during the week.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel, away from Highway 395, away from the stairways, elevator or ice machine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived on Monday we showed up @ 1:30pm. That day we rode from Lake Tahoe to Bishop. It was a cold long ride. They wouldn't let us check in early so we had to drive around for an hour. She said come back at 2:30. We came back at 2:30. I sat in the waiting area as my husband went to the restroom. I asked the girl "do you guys have a spa?" "Yes" "Is it in the hotel?" "O' I hope it is near our room." Husband comes out and proceeds to wait as she takes to long on a reservation. We get our key & proceed to our room. To the other end of the hotel, away from where the spa is. & up stairs. Where the maid is STILL cleaning the room. Really she couldn't put us in an already clean room. We took hot showers & relaxed till dinner. So we didn't notice that the heater squeals when it's running till we got back for bed. We didn't eat breakfast there. We went to Erick Schats Bakkery across the street.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristen B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Kristen B,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and superior accommodations. However, it seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to our guest services. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest experience.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I spent 4 nights here. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The rooms were spacious, simply decorated, clean, quiet and ver y comfortable. The motel is conveniently located near all in Bishop. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful and easy to talk to. They were very accomodating to my grandchildren who live in Bishop and stayed in my room with me for a few nights. The breakfast was excellent; lots of choice, well prepared, comparable to a meal that could easily cost $ 10 per person in a neary restaurant. My grandchildren and I partiularly enjoyed the pool and hot tub which was well maintained, large enough for them to play as well as swim. I definitely plan to book again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family