“Great family stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Bishop
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Shannon at front desk very friendly during check in! Good bkfst w/ eggs, biscuits, gravy and pancakes. Nice warm indoor pool, kids loved it! Gym has 1 treadmill, 1 elliptical and cable machine.
Thx staff for good stay!
HP

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Hotel is in middle of refurbishing - I hope everything. They were carpeting the halls when we were there, I hope they work on the rooms, they need new linens and bedding. Beds were good. Noise from neighbors was terrible and ruined our sleep. The breakfast was very good. The staff was friendly but overly helpful when we complained about the room above keeping us awake until afte 3 in morning.

Room Tip: if you can get a second floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

Dear Cherrice,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased you liked your breakfast and the hotel staff services. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the noise from our other guests. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Bishop.

Zelyn N.
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed May 8, 2012

The electronic keys seldom worked, the phone was out of order for the week we were there, the refrigerator did not cool, the repairman tracked in mud that was not cleaned up and family members who registered later then I did paid 26 dollars less then my guaranteed lowest prepaid rate. My wife and I were given three thin towels and lotion was available by request. My concerns were met with empathy but no solutions.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Dear Cheddarhead48,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Traveling through and stayed for one night. Hotel appeared to be in the middle of a refurbish.
Stayed on 2nd floor and everything completed Clean. Walkable restaurants. Bishop hotels can fill up quickly due to so many travelers. Suggest a reservation at any of them. Walked to Schat's Bakery in the am. for yummy cinnamon rolls.

Room Tip: I'd request a 2nd floor room. 1st floor faces parking.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Always so friendly here. We stay here all the time when we ride our Harley's here. The staff is so friendly and the rooms are very clean, thanks to Rosa. Live the friendliness. They upgraded us to a suite and we love of for my husbands birthday. Love HIE!!!

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Nrgyxtra
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I was concerned after reading a couple of negative reviews but booked anyway. Enjoyed our one night stay. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were clean and up to HIE standards to me. The tub/shower appeared new and carpeting and bedding in great condition. There was a flat screen tv. Didn't even hear the fridge motor running. Nice park next door, on the North side and there are lots of eating places near by.
My only minor negative is that the sink area was part of the entry way and not a separate section, so when the light was on, it shone into the bed area. Not so good if one is an early riser and the other wants to sleep in. The room with a king bed was very spacious but needs a reading chair near the window.
It was the usual breakfast fare with pancake machine, sweet rolls, etc. Eggs were pretty good and not runny as is the case many times, but the sausage patty was "yuck".
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can't do stairs, ask for a room near the elevator. This is a very long building with only...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keikidoc
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I was with a group working at the Toiyaby health clinic. None of our 28 providors had ever been to Bishop before. Kathy and her TOP KNOTCH staff made us feel welcome and comfortable in her city. She represented the Holiday Inn system and Bishop wonderfully. My only regret was we only had one free day to see the beautiful Owens valley. Many of us hope to return for vacation and will stay at the Holiday Inn.
Richard