“Absolutely horrible!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Sacramento, California, United States
“Absolutely horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel was horrible. The rooms were clean enough, although very old and dated. The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. Breakfast was pretty basic. Not many options and the staff didn't bother refilling anything than ran out like coffee and orange juice. Those things I can forgive because it is a Rodeway Inn after all. You get what you pay for. Service was not good. They staff doesn't seem to care at all about their guests. I overheard another guest ask the front desk clerk a question and they got "I don't know" as answer. No "let me find out" or anything remotely helpful, just "I don't know'. I was not impressed with that. But I have to say the absolute worst thing about this hotel is the pool. We have two young children and this was our first stop on our cross country move. Our kids were looking forward to the pool. We got them all suited up and walked out to find a dirty, disgusting pool. It obviously was not cleaned in days, if not weeks. There was a bowl floating in the pool along with a bunch of dirt and debris. The tables were dirty and had cupcake wrappers literally stuck to the table. There were also beer bottles laying on the ground. Absolutely unacceptable. Do yourself a favor and stay some place else!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife & I differ on this hotel. I thought it was fine for an old hotel. It had newer (albeit ugly) carpet. The walls had a fresh coat of paint. The beds were old but firm. Our room had a small microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, and a refrigerator that was bigger than I've seen in high end hotels.

I thought it was ok.

The shower / toilet room had maintenance issues in that the bulb was burned out & the toilet handle stuck down. The fixtures were old but did their jobs. There was no clock/radio.

Our door was steel & we didn't see any bugs (I looked under the mattress) or experience their bites.

To sum it up: Picture staying at your grandparent's house built in the 50's.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank marco-mcc
Sandy, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I would not recommend staying here. It was dirty and smelled bad. It smelled of cigarettes even though its a non smoking hotel. The walls were dirty as well. We felt like we couldn't lay in the bed because we were afraid there were bugs. I felt as if anyone could barge into the room. The doors are old wood doors that looked like they could be kicked in. We decided not to stay. The lady at the desk was so rude! She was mad we weren't going to stay there and couldn't figure out why. She refused to give us a refund too because it was 20 min past the deadline. It was aweful!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Bishop hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

When I first arrived to my room. The second I opened the door the room smelled bad. I also noticed that the carpet was dirty which wasn't a big problem for me because I wasn't sleeping on the ground. I went and checked the bathroom, which wasn't so bad. The bed wasn't dirty but the next day after I slept on that bed I got some bedbug bites... I recommend you find some other places to stay in unless you want bedbug bites and a dirty carpet.

• Stayed May 2012
Surrey, uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Couldnt believe how huge the room was! We found this place in the evening, as we had driven from Lake Tahoe, through Yosemite, and the driving was getting a bit tideous, PLUS its one of the alst towns until you reach Death Valley. Staff was very helpful, and they had a lot to offer for a contin.breakfast. Very good shower, Tv in room, swimming pool, and Bishop was lovely secluded old desert town. Ah i loved it :) One of the cheaper hotels in Bishop.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

The man who checked us in was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean (mattress clean too, I checked!) the carpet was dirty, they need to change it, badly. We were desperate for a place for the night so we took this room. In all fairness, it was clean enough , there was a fridge, A/C, a television, and breakfast included, free wi-fi and a computer at reception. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful. There is even a small pool on the sight. Reasonable value to grateful people who needed a bed for the night.

Room Tip: They do have smoking rooms so make sure you choose no smoking. Overall I thought it was going to be...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ghent, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

I've been in touch with the official Rodeway Inn customer center. They were very helpful and it turned out that the hotel in Bishop no longer has the right to use the Rodeway Inn name. That's why they use blank soap packaging instead of official Rodeway Inn soaps, they state ROADway on their blocknotes but still use Rodeway for Credit card tickets (how misleading is that), ... That's why their quality is sooo bad. Do me a favor and don't stay there. It's bad enough we had to experience it. I don't want anybody else have to experience this bad hotel quality for such a high rate (esp. during weekend time.)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple