Stopped over on the drive from Las Vegas to Lake Tahoe. Great hotel/motel. It is a very well kept property, the rooms are clean and a decent size, the continental breakfast is good enough and the lobby is quite lovely and homey.
Ask for a room overlooking the creek, but be aware that the property is on the main thoroughfare and is not as rustic as it looks in the picture. However, the rooms facing inward toward the creek and pool area are quiet, and it is a tranquil enough feeling even though it is on the main road in Bishop. The little hot tub is also a nice touch, not something you would expect in a motel in a tiny town.
Two great eating options are Holy Smoke BBQ across the street - great ribs and chicken, and the famous Schats bakery where you can expect to find line-ups out the door in peak hours in order to get their delicious array of home made breads as well as sandwiches.
One other thing to note is there is no real bus or taxi service in the town, so if you are left without a car as I was while my family went hiking, be prepared to walk to wherever you may be going in the town.
No complaints about this property except the front desk staff was spotty - some very obliging - others a bit rude. However we really enjoyed our stay, and wished we could have stayed longer, as there were a lot of good hiking trails we were unaware of in the area, and we would have liked to explore more of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an inviting oasis mid-way between Los Angeles and Reno. A crackling fireplace, cozy seating, captivating photographs of the local landscapes and freshly baked cookies set the scene as you enter our lobby. Each of our 89 guest rooms feature complimentary wireless Internet, plush Simmons Felicity pillow-top mattresses, and a level of comfort unmatched by other area hotels. Our expert guest service staff can help plan the itinerary for your visit to Yosemite and Death Valley National Parks, as well as other memorable outdoor activities nearby to ensure you make the most of your getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Bishop Creekside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Creekside Hotel Bishop
- Best Western Creekside Hotel
- Best Western Bishop
- Bishop Best Western