We stayed one night here in June driving down back from Tahoe to LA.
We booked a second floor rear of the hotel creekside room with a balcony. Yes it may be a long walk but its really worth it.
Except for the JERK next door who had to have a loud SPEAKER enabled cell phone call while also sitting on his balcony, everything was terrific.
Check in would have been 100% except my name was misspelled which seemed to create more confusion than necessary. The room was extremely clean, large, with a very comfortable bed, and chair.
And with the exception of the JERK above, the hotel was very quiet at night.
There is a nice looking pool which we didn't use but others seemed happy splashing around. The pool curfew is enforced so splashing stops when it should.
The creekside rooms have a peaceful quality to them. You can see the resident ducks paddling around. People sit out and have wine and food.
WIFI was spotty in that there are several sub-networks and you have to switch around from time to time to get the best signal. But the WIFI is free so not complaints.
Breakfast in the morning was similar to many free breakfasts offered at chain hotels but the fruit was fresher. Biscuits were good. Eggs were unconvincing.
There's a great BBQ place - Texas BBQ - across the street. We had dinner there. Great tasting food. The always mentioned in context with Bishop Schat;s Bakery - great bread but clearly gone tourist - is next door.
A very useful Tourist Information Center is across the street.
Pricing was well below what I would have expected for a room this size and comfortable - hope they keep the pricing!
We will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an inviting oasis mid-way between Los Angeles and Reno. A crackling fireplace, cozy seating, captivating photographs of the local landscapes and freshly baked cookies set the scene as you enter our lobby. Each of our 89 guest rooms feature complimentary wireless Internet, plush Simmons Felicity pillow-top mattresses, and a level of comfort unmatched by other area hotels. Our expert guest service staff can help plan the itinerary for your visit to Yosemite and Death Valley National Parks, as well as other memorable outdoor activities nearby to ensure you make the most of your getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Bishop Creekside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Creekside Hotel Bishop
- Best Western Creekside Hotel
- Best Western Bishop
- Bishop Best Western