My daughter and I traveled four hours to Bishop to watch a basketball tournament. We made reservations online and had a confirmation number. When we went to check in, we were informed by the manager (I believe his name was Jeff) that their internet had not "synced" correctly the day before and they were overbooked by 5 rooms. He argued that we had just made our reservation 5 minutes ago, which we had not. His computer just updated and he had 5 reservations that looked like that had just been made. We had made ours over a day before. (and had a confirmation number). His attitude was rude! He never apologized. I understand mixups happen, but the manager should be polite. The front desk girl was helpful and found us a room at the Comfort Inn. (they were very nice and took 20 dollars off of our room for our problems). We were told that "we always tell people to call and not make reservations online." I had never stayed at this establishment so stated, "How would I know that if I have never stayed here." I have traveled the country and even England and Scotland and I have never had an issue with an online reservation and never been treated so poorly by hotel management. I did not yell, curse, and I remained calm. There was no reason for him to treat me and my teenage daugher in this manner. He never even stopped looking at the computer to look at us. He was demeaning and practically accused us of lying until the other reservations came up that had not "synced." It is their issue that their internet is of the dark ages. I called to get the number of the corporate office and the front desk would not give it to me. I will never stay at this hotel and will spread the word for others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an inviting oasis mid-way between Los Angeles and Reno. A crackling fireplace, cozy seating, captivating photographs of the local landscapes and freshly baked cookies set the scene as you enter our lobby. Each of our 89 guest rooms feature complimentary wireless Internet, plush Simmons Felicity pillow-top mattresses, and a level of comfort unmatched by other area hotels. Our expert guest service staff can help plan the itinerary for your visit to Yosemite and Death Valley National Parks, as well as other memorable outdoor activities nearby to ensure you make the most of your getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Bishop Creekside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Creekside Hotel Bishop
- Best Western Creekside Hotel
- Best Western Bishop
- Bishop Best Western