“RUDE!”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Apple Valley, CA
“RUDE!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My daughter and I traveled four hours to Bishop to watch a basketball tournament. We made reservations online and had a confirmation number. When we went to check in, we were informed by the manager (I believe his name was Jeff) that their internet had not "synced" correctly the day before and they were overbooked by 5 rooms. He argued that we had just made our reservation 5 minutes ago, which we had not. His computer just updated and he had 5 reservations that looked like that had just been made. We had made ours over a day before. (and had a confirmation number). His attitude was rude! He never apologized. I understand mixups happen, but the manager should be polite. The front desk girl was helpful and found us a room at the Comfort Inn. (they were very nice and took 20 dollars off of our room for our problems). We were told that "we always tell people to call and not make reservations online." I had never stayed at this establishment so stated, "How would I know that if I have never stayed here." I have traveled the country and even England and Scotland and I have never had an issue with an online reservation and never been treated so poorly by hotel management. I did not yell, curse, and I remained calm. There was no reason for him to treat me and my teenage daugher in this manner. He never even stopped looking at the computer to look at us. He was demeaning and practically accused us of lying until the other reservations came up that had not "synced." It is their issue that their internet is of the dark ages. I called to get the number of the corporate office and the front desk would not give it to me. I will never stay at this hotel and will spread the word for others.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Teri M
Jeff S, General Manager at Bishop Creekside Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Hello Teri M,

I am sorry that you did not receive the level of service normally given here at the Creekside Inn. I apologize that you thought I wasn't being responsive to your situation. I unfortunately was still in the middle of trying to fix the situation as it came to our attention 5 minutes before you arrived. Once I knew you were in good hands with Savvoy I went back to fix the issue so other people would not be affected by what had just happened. I agreed with Savvoy that we needed to take care of you and let her start that process. Normally we don't have an issue like this happen and I have called our contacts with the website so this doesn't happen again. I again apologize what you experienced with us as this was your first time experiencing our hotel and it left a bad taste in your mouth. I am sure if you visit us again your next experience will be much different.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Korean first
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed December 24, 2012

On my 2 stays at this hotel I had constant problems with room key cards that didn't work or only worked sporadically. I kept having to go back to the front desk to have the card re-keyed so I could get into my room. I was blamed by 2 different clerks for their card-system not working. I will not be coming back. I rated the room as "terrible", but that only refers to the key-card system. The rest of the room was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Cassie M, Front Office Manager at Bishop Creekside Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to hear you did not have the typical Creekside Inn experience. I will be addressing the issue of blank or defective key cards with my front desk staff and how to approach the situation. I truly hope you will reconsider us as a lodging destination and give us another chance to exceed your expectations. Please reach out to me personally should you have a change of a heart.

San Clemente, California
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The staff is the best thing about this hotel. Super-nice! We had a creekside room, it was nice. Just another hotel room. The hotel is clean, well kept and maintained nicely. It is in the middle of Bishop, within walking distance to everything.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Greetings in San Clemente,

Thank you for writing your opinion on our hotel, I am very pleased to hear our staff was welcoming; we are always striving to provide top-notch hospitality. I will pass along your comments as they certainly enjoy reading positive reviews. We are planning a remodel for late 2013, which will include updates to the décor and room layouts. We hope you will visit us again next time you are through Bishop.

San Diego, California
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a great room next to the creek. Cassie the manager, was also nice enough to put my boyfriends birthday cake in the room as a surprise! The breakfast was wonderful, and after a full day of climbing the soup was fantastic! We had a lot of fun and enjoyed this place alot! I would def. recommend staying here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Greetings in San Diego,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are continually striving to make guests stay memorable and customized to their specific requests. We are happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and hope to welcome you back soon for another adventure in our beautiful valley!

Warm Regards,

OXNARD
Reviewed December 10, 2012

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The rooms were spacious and the beds were comfortable. We had a "creek" view and it was amazing. Can't say enough good about the front desk help. They were kind, professional and just plain fun to chat with. The breakfast was good, but my parents missed the "make your own waffles". My only complaint would be that the food was warm, not hot. But, that's a tough one when you're serving people for a few hours. I hope to be back again soon.

Room Tip: Get a room with a creek view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing review! We pride ourselves on being Bishop’s premier lodging destination and are always striving to make each guest stay memorable. I will certainly pass along your kind words to our staff and will take in your comments about keeping the breakfast food hot. We are planning a remodel for late 2013 which will include changes to our breakfast area. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Best Regards,

San Diego, California
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We found this Inn on Tripadvisor, as we were looking at just an overnight stay in Bishop. It was very well reviewed and in my opinion - deserving of the good reviews. The lobby & dining area are very welcoming, homey - there was a fire in the lg. fireplace. Beautiful photography of the Sierra's on the walls. The desk clerks were very polite & helpful. Informing of us of the soup & salad @ 5pm & fresh cookies @ seven. The soup & salad are sufficient, if you are not overly hungry. Several restaurants are within easy walking distance - however do not try Holy Smokes Texas BBQ. The rooms are very nice, clean & comfortable. I could easily stay here for more than an over nighter. Decor is a little dated, but, the hotel & the grounds seem very well maintained. Besides, the decor suits being in Bishop & the old-timey feel. An FYI - this is no longer associated with Best Western. The path by the creek is charming - especially @ night when it is all lit up. There is nothing better in Bishop & by any standards this hotel is a great choice.

Room Tip: ask for a first floor creekside room. When it's warm enough there's a little sitting area, w...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed all aspects of our property. The seasonal evening soup, salad and bread is offered as a snack after a long day on the road in the cold winter months. In the summer we have iced tea and lemonade, our fresh baked cookies are out each evening year-round at 7pm. We hope to welcome you back in the summer months for more than an over night stay to explore the beautiful Sierras!

Best Regards,

Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Entering the lobby one gets a feel for the beautiful area surrounding the hotel with fantastic photos. Clean and homey feeling with a nice fire going (it was a bit cold out). Now I am at the front counter waiting, and waiting some more as the only desk clerk has an extended conversation about the weather with a caller. Lack of acknowledgement and ongoing conversation (beyond reason) has deflated the initial positive feelings upon entry. Once attended to, we are checked-in. Rooms were not in the best location, immediately off of lobby and facing the front parking lot (note: we did not choose creekside rooms when booking, but after getting to property wished we would have.) Room was large, comfortable, and very clean. We were impressed despite the poor location. Breakfast was also excellent with a large choice and plenty of seating area.
Overall impression of the property is that it is really a good small hotel. Some improvement in service level and amenities (i.e. business center, etc.) could make it a great property.

Room Tip: Go ahead and choose a creekside room. Worth the extra dollars.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Russell P
Cassie M, Front Office Manager at Bishop Creekside Inn, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Greetings in Texas,

Thank you for choosing Creekside Inn and writing about your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you had a less than pleasant check in experience. We will address the front office staff to ensure we are all on the same page with our customer service standards, as we are always striving to create a positive memorable stay for each of our guests. I do recommend booking a creekside patio or balcony room, they have beautiful views of our landscaped property and are our most quiet rooms; we also have a small business desk located in lobby. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reagrds,