I've been trying to get back up to the wonderful town of Bishop for a couple of years now, so when I was making plans for our trip to Lone Pine I decided to see if I could reserve a creekside room at the Creekside Inn, our favorite hotel in Bishop. I was in luck, they could get me the room I requested. I arrived in town several hours before check in time and front desk agent Shanarra was nice enough to put a rush on our room and call me on my cell when it was ready, great customer service. The room was as I had remembered it, large,with awsome decor and that great creekside balcony with ducks swimming past and a view of the distant mountains. We picked up a box of sweets next door at Schatts bakery and relaxed on the balcony. The only problem I had with our room came at bedtime. As I hopped onto the large bed, I found myself sinking so far in, I felt I would surely disappear. It was so super soft I could envision previous guests stuck deep inside waiting to be rescued. After tossing and turning for an hour we finally got up and removed a pillow top cover that had been placed on top of a pillow top mattress. This was definately pillow top "overkill" and a danger to hobbitt size people like myself. The next morning I mentioned this to the front desk and was told the creekside rooms have the new" top of the line" super soft mattresses while the other side has the older, firmer style mattresses. Keep this in mind if you obsess over mattresses. We had a great stay at the Creekside, the room was spotlessly clean and everything was perfect. Thank you Creekside, we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an inviting oasis mid-way between Los Angeles and Reno. A crackling fireplace, cozy seating, captivating photographs of the local landscapes and freshly baked cookies set the scene as you enter our lobby. Each of our 89 guest rooms feature complimentary wireless Internet, plush Simmons Felicity pillow-top mattresses, and a level of comfort unmatched by other area hotels. Our expert guest service staff can help plan the itinerary for your visit to Yosemite and Death Valley National Parks, as well as other memorable outdoor activities nearby to ensure you make the most of your getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Bishop Creekside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Creekside Hotel Bishop
- Best Western Creekside Hotel
- Best Western Bishop
- Bishop Best Western