“Great Base”

Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
California
“Great Base”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

Good place to base your East Side Adventures. This establishment includes a buffet breakfast that has been changed for the better, it now has many protein based foods to fuel your active day. They also include evening soup & bread and cookies. But with all the great restaraunts just a stroll away, you will want to eat your evening meal out.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Korean first
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

The Creekside Inn offers free soup and salad at 5 pm. My first day there was turkey chili and vegetarian vegetable soups. I thought I had just gotten lucky that night as I am a vegetarian. Turns out they offer vegetarian vegetable soup every night as one of the options. The other option on the second & third night of my stay was bean & ham and chicken tortilla. The soup is homemade and very delicious [at least the vegetable soup, as that was the only one I tasted]. I want to thank them for being so veggie friendly. They also have a complementary breakfast that has many veggie options. The hotel is very modern and clean. I am very pleased and plan to come back to the Creekside Inn the next time I am in Bishop.

Room Tip: They do have an elevator, so the first or second floor are fine. I am here on business and I had a...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Simi Valley
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed here on December 31, 2011 and used the Jacuzzi. Within 24 hours I broke out in a rash on my torso, legs and arms. Over the next few days in got worse. I went to the Doctor and she immediately diagnosed me with Hot Tub Folliculitis and gave me a prescription for an oral antibiotic. I sent the Inn an email and never received a response. In addition I submitted a similar review to this website but for some reason it was never posted. I am following up with another with the hope it gets posted this time. There were 2 childen in the jacuzzi with me and hopefully they did not contract the same rash. If I did not use the jacuzzi I would be recommeding this Inn for the room was nice, staff pleasant and the free breakfast was a plus. The room (rear of the property) was quiet with convenient access to my car.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Crich33093
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

We stopped in Bishop for the night traveling from San Diego to Sacramento (via Yosemite since the road is actually open in the dead of winter). We didn't have a reservation but quickly saw the Creekside Inn was the place to overnight thanks to the TripAdvisor App. and went inside. The gal working the desk was very friendly, offered us our choice of 2 rooms (Queen or King) and had us all booked in 5 mins. (which is key when you have an 18 month old with you and it's about his bedtime). She even gave us a bit of milk for the little guy from their kitchen so we didn't have to go across the street to the fast food joint. They offer complimentary soup, salad, bread, cookies, coffee and tea in the evening - which was all still available when we arrived and then a full hot breakfast spread in the morning with a very cheery breakfast room attendant. Our first floor room had a walk out patio that led us to the parking lot and our car which made it ideal for loading and unloading the massive amount of stuff that comes along with traveling with a toddler. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfy and the shower was warm. We consider the free meals an added bonus. This place is a steal and we will most certainly choose to stay here again when in Bishop and suggest it to all we know. Thanks Creekside Inn staff for the superior service!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Kernville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

The property, itself, is quite good. I've stayed here in past years, and I must say that the place has been kept in very nice shape. The breakfast is an excellent perk with decent variety and clean dishes and dining area. My only real complaint is the fact that the desk clerk looked at me as if I were psychotic when I attempted to secure a lower rate than the AAA rate she offered. The place was nowhere near capacity due to the low season and the fact that Mammoth ski area is practically without snow so far this year. I went ahead and paid up, but feel that a little "give" on price would have been a nice gesture. Obviously they got what they wanted from me, but they may have lost a return customer (we'll see). I realise that a property needs to maintain some standards on pricing, but, at the very least, an upgrade to a creek-side room would have been a very cool move for the hotel. Indeed, there were quite a few of those rooms left vacant that evening, and I can guarantee that we would have made it a point to return, as we get to this area every so often. Also, this type of hospitality most always leads to referrals: AKA- "cheap adverstising." Are you listening management? An upgrade on a slow evening is a no brainer. Again, though, let me emphasize that the property is very nice.

Room Tip: Try for creekside, and smile and ask for a complimentary upgrade if it is a slow evening.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave S
Napa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

I love this place. The first thing you'll notice is that the lobby has a lovely lodge-like feel, with overstuffed furniture and a fireplace. On to the rooms: they are spacious, clean and comfortable. Finally, the staff serves free hot soup, salad, bread and cookies in the evening, as well as a full breakfast in the morning-- and all on real china and silver! No disposable styrofoam! And, finally, while you enjoy your meal, there is no TV blaring in your ears. All in all, this place has everything I look for (and seldom find) in a moderately-priced hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the "mountain side," away from highway 395, which has pretty heavy tr...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

We did not have reservations (on a holiday!) and took our chances stopping at this beautiful hotel in Bishop. We were very impressed by the decor, the staff, and the price. Soup is served at 5:00 and cookies at 7:00. The breakfast is wonderful, and you recover the little extra expense of the room easily, with the breakfast. Hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, hash browns, in addition to all the normal breakfast items like toast, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, and fruit juices. Also, there are no pets, and no smoking allowed. You must be 50 feet away from the doors if you smoke. Great location, very close to restaurants, bars, and shops. We had a great New Year's Eve...and not one complaint here!

Room Tip: We were able to park our vehicle just outside our sliding glass door which was very nice!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple