“Double Billing” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Parker
“Double Billing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Please do not stay at this motel. In the event you do, check your credit cards at once. We are still trying to get a refund after two credit cards were billed for the same stay. It has been over three months and still no check. The place is old and in need of a remodel. The owner is rude and should be attending some type of classes to learn how to become a professional motel clerk. Her actions are unbecoming to business owners.

Room Tip: The way to choose a good room is to choose a different motel. Their rooms are old and shabby.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Linstark
kerrigan, Owner at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
We now have a new managing staff, due to past management problems. We are pleased to welcome you to our lovely little motel!!!! Come enjoy our large outdoor heated pool , many amenities, and visit what many call....THE HIDDEN TREASURE OF THE SIERRAS!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have traveled around the world staying in many places. This was a first for us, we checked in, trusting the many favorable ratings. Once in the room we looked at each other and both said this was bad,very bad. What are we going to do? We immediatly asked for our money back and checked into Days Inn it was worth the 10 bucks more a night. The best thing about our short stay is we did get our money back on our visa card. I have no idea who could give this place a positive rating.

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Pete M
kerrigan, Front Office Manager at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this review, April 21, 2012
We are not sure WHO this even was, but our ALL our customers tell how PRISTINE CLEAN our rooms are, how comfortable and cozy they are, and how affordable they are for all the amenities you receive!!! We pride our selves in washing our own linen on site, and always having super clean rooms for all our guests. Our prices can't be beat with free internet, kitchens, coffee, outdoor heated pool, restaurant discounts and much more. We are family owned and operated and are proud of it!!!
Rancho Mirage, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Love this place, it's always clean, the beds are super comfortable, and i can park my car right in front of my room which is super convenient. I guess the owners are running the place as of recent and they are very friendly and informative. I also like their kitchen units and free internet. I can't think of any bad things to say. It's a winner, i highly recommend it!

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My husband and I have lived in Calif. for all our lives and have never been to Bishop. We arrived in town late with no reservation, and stopped at the Village Motel. The grounds were immaculate. The manager was very cheerful and welcoming. We rented a room with a kitchen for the night. The room was so clean and cozy we just had to stay another night and then another ! The staff was so friendly. They answered all our questions and made sure we had everything we needed. I will come back here again when I get another few days off. Simply quaint and wonderful little town.

• Stayed January 2012
JuneLake,Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stay in bishop all the time and we love this motel super clean quiet with kitchens and free wifi it has all we need this motel even offers local restaurant discounts so friendly and helpfull will always come back!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank bigbearmelon
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Bishop Village Motel. I should have read Trip Advisor first.

I was originally quoted a particular rate by phone, but when I got there the total price was nearly $50 more for the weekend. The manager shrugged and didn't have an answer - or apology - as to why her promised rate had gone up, other than to blame some tricky new reservation system she was using. Oops!

Then I discovered a charge to my credit card for an additional night I didn't stay (oddly, at the original rate I had been quoted). By phone the manager blamed that pesky reservation system again. Oops!

It took nearly a month and multiple phone calls to the motel manager to reverse the erroneous, additional night's charge. Throughout the entire process the manager blamed her reservation system for all the delays and run around, never once apologizing for my trouble. She never once called me back or followed up though she promised to do so numerous times. If I didn't hound this woman the reversal would simply never have happened. Oops!

- Interesting how other TripAdvisor users have been complaining about these very same "accidental" overcharges and problems with refunds for YEARS, and it is always the fault of some evil reservations system which is out of management's control.

- Interesting how all of the "mistakes" always accrue to the motel's favor.

The Bishop Village Motel: wildly incompetent, or untrustworthy? You make the call.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank 694Vincent_B
Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Accommodations in the eastern sierras are absurdly expensive, and the Bishop Village Motel is no bargain, but at $90 a night (plus taxes) for a room with two beds and a kitchenette it wasn't outrageously expensive either. Our room was large, clean and tidy, though tired and outdated. It was quite large, with a queen size bed and a double bed. The beds and bedding were fairly comfortable. The kitchenette was small and there were only 2 chairs, but it wasn't too big a deal for one night. A larger problem was the lack of internet access - the wireless did not reach that side of the hotel and the wired internet did not seem to work.

The manager was very nice, and my kids liked her dog and cat.

Full review at http://marga.voxpublica.org/2011/08/bishop-village-motel-review/

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank soyyo
, Owner at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Why is this old review STILL hanging on the main page after like 12 other reviews?????? Very upsetting!!!!