“Clean & Charming!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Rancho Mirage, California
“Clean & Charming!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Love this place, it's always clean, the beds are super comfortable, and i can park my car right in front of my room which is super convenient. I guess the owners are running the place as of recent and they are very friendly and informative. I also like their kitchen units and free internet. I can't think of any bad things to say. It's a winner, i highly recommend it!

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

My husband and I have lived in Calif. for all our lives and have never been to Bishop. We arrived in town late with no reservation, and stopped at the Village Motel. The grounds were immaculate. The manager was very cheerful and welcoming. We rented a room with a kitchen for the night. The room was so clean and cozy we just had to stay another night and then another ! The staff was so friendly. They answered all our questions and made sure we had everything we needed. I will come back here again when I get another few days off. Simply quaint and wonderful little town.

• Stayed January 2012
JuneLake,Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

We stay in bishop all the time and we love this motel super clean quiet with kitchens and free wifi it has all we need this motel even offers local restaurant discounts so friendly and helpfull will always come back!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank bigbearmelon
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

My wife and I spent a weekend at the Bishop Village Motel. I should have read Trip Advisor first.

I was originally quoted a particular rate by phone, but when I got there the total price was nearly $50 more for the weekend. The manager shrugged and didn't have an answer - or apology - as to why her promised rate had gone up, other than to blame some tricky new reservation system she was using. Oops!

Then I discovered a charge to my credit card for an additional night I didn't stay (oddly, at the original rate I had been quoted). By phone the manager blamed that pesky reservation system again. Oops!

It took nearly a month and multiple phone calls to the motel manager to reverse the erroneous, additional night's charge. Throughout the entire process the manager blamed her reservation system for all the delays and run around, never once apologizing for my trouble. She never once called me back or followed up though she promised to do so numerous times. If I didn't hound this woman the reversal would simply never have happened. Oops!

- Interesting how other TripAdvisor users have been complaining about these very same "accidental" overcharges and problems with refunds for YEARS, and it is always the fault of some evil reservations system which is out of management's control.

- Interesting how all of the "mistakes" always accrue to the motel's favor.

The Bishop Village Motel: wildly incompetent, or untrustworthy? You make the call.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank 694Vincent_B
Bay Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

Accommodations in the eastern sierras are absurdly expensive, and the Bishop Village Motel is no bargain, but at $90 a night (plus taxes) for a room with two beds and a kitchenette it wasn't outrageously expensive either. Our room was large, clean and tidy, though tired and outdated. It was quite large, with a queen size bed and a double bed. The beds and bedding were fairly comfortable. The kitchenette was small and there were only 2 chairs, but it wasn't too big a deal for one night. A larger problem was the lack of internet access - the wireless did not reach that side of the hotel and the wired internet did not seem to work.

The manager was very nice, and my kids liked her dog and cat.

Full review at http://marga.voxpublica.org/2011/08/bishop-village-motel-review/

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank soyyo
, Owner at Bishop Village Motel, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Why is this old review STILL hanging on the main page after like 12 other reviews?????? Very upsetting!!!!
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

I have been traveling up and down highway 395 regularly since 1986 and have stayed in many different motels in Bishop. Last year the Village Motel was recommended to me by an aquaintance who cited the reasonable rates and comfortable accomodations. I gave it a shot and have been staying there every time I pass through Bishop. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rates are reasonable year round and I really enjoy the quiet surroundings off the highway.

Over the months since I first stayed there, I have encountered many fellow guests who make this motel their regular place to stay in Bishop. I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank larkascending11
Hayward, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

My Husband and I were going to come stay here for two night's to visit his Grandmother.
Our plans changed and we canceled in plenty of time. The Manager said it was not a problem and that she had plenty of people who wanted a room. I asked her to confirmed that she was going to credit my card. She assured me it would be done. It has now been close to four weeks and still no credit. I call every few days and she keeps telling me something about Merchant services and how they are the ones at fault. My husband's Aunt went in to ask about it and the Manager admited that she did not credit my card and that she would do it. I called the next day and she still insisted that she gave the credit and would call merchant services again. Every time I call i am very polite. I am not trying to point the finger and say that she is lying but it is starting to look as if we will never see the $112 bucks they charged my card. We are going to be in the area over 4th of July weekend and now have decided to stay at another hotel. If I was you I would not give them your credit card number unless you 100% know you are going to stay there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family