All reviews main street would definitely stay here again in town motel pet reno refrigerator camping
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here before. I even wrote a positive review, however, under new ownership I regret to say do not to stay here.
Our room was not cleaned before checking in, the grounds are run down and the personnel were nice but not informed.
I would love to see this place brought back to how it use to be.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Elizabeth J, Owner at The Trees Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

We are the same owners for 12 years. We replaced the management and are much better now. We hope you give us another chance

Reviewed July 3, 2018

This place was picked on price alone, which on balance was not a great idea. All I needed was a bed for the night on the way from Reno to Camarillo and Bishop is about midway. I booked with Trivago which went to Booking.com.

I called ahead the day before to confirm and nobody would answer the phone - and my call was not returned despite leaving a message.

When I arrived the office was unattended but eventually a guy showed up and took my money. He then left again so I could not ask about local restaurants or anything.

The room smelled bad, not cigarette smoke exactly but something similar. The floor was such that I wore shoes at all times - the carpet was threadbare and looked plain nasty. The bathroom was very basic, just a shower over a bath and a small basin with soap and shampoo.

The bed was adequate at best. Sheets were well-worn but seemed to be clean - I did not get bitten or anything similarly unpleasant.

Wifi would not connect despite several attempts, and I am an IT guy so if it didn't work for me then I have to guess that it would not work for anybody else.

What really got me was that there was only decaf coffee! NOT what I need to start the day.

Summary: almost anywhere else just has to be better! Don't stay here.

Room tip: Choose another motel!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Bondesco

Sorry about the coffee and other issues. I assure you that they are all addressed. We hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

i bit away from main street makes it a bit quieter - provided the other guests allow for some sleep. the walls are very thin and you hear every alarm clock, arriving and departing guests and kids. everything so far if okay, rooms are clean.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for the comment.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this place for 23 years. This recent trip I witnessed three drug deals go down from one of the rooms. Not to mention the numerous tweekers staying there. I mentioned to a few people in town that we were staying there and they all made comments on how it is now a haven for tweekers and a place to buy dope. I hope the owners get wind of this and do something to change the shady activity. We have a lot of good memories at this place.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Elizabeth J, Owner at The Trees Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Anthony,
Please give me more information. We would call the police if we thought there were tweekers hanging out there. Every guest staying at Trees motel come through booking.com and Expedia or they're returning customers, mainly fisherman. We are not a haven for tweekers. Please call me directly. I have many questions. 760-873-6391
Kind regards,
Elizabeth

Reviewed November 27, 2017

I've been staying at theTrees pretty regularly for many years. It has always been a really pleasant experience. However on this trip after we'd been there for 3 days i found a bedbug. We checked out right away and they did refund us for the unused night. We came home and started the process of nuking our clothes and luggage so that hopefully we won't have any hitchhikers.
In general (besides the bedbug) i thought the room was not as clean as i would want. The room we were in (111) had a really dirty looking carpet. The mini fridge also froze everything we put in it which resulted in the tossing a a bunch of snack foods.
So, proceed with caution at the Trees. If you have to stay here take the precautions of bagging everything in plastic, don't put anything on the floor and be aware you might be bitten. Hopefully they will take steps to fumigate and pull the carpets out of the rooms.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

We have addressed all of the issues and hope you give us another chance.