All reviews main street would definitely stay here again in town motel pet reno refrigerator camping
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this place for 23 years. This recent trip I witnessed three drug deals go down from one of the rooms. Not to mention the numerous tweekers staying there. I mentioned to a few people in town that we were staying there and they all made comments on how it is now a haven for tweekers and a place to buy dope. I hope the owners get wind of this and do something to change the shady activity. We have a lot of good memories at this place.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Elizabeth J, Owner at The Trees Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Anthony,
Please give me more information. We would call the police if we thought there were tweekers hanging out there. Every guest staying at Trees motel come through booking.com and Expedia or they're returning customers, mainly fisherman. We are not a haven for tweekers. Please call me directly. I have many questions. 760-873-6391
Kind regards,
Elizabeth

Reviewed November 27, 2017

I've been staying at theTrees pretty regularly for many years. It has always been a really pleasant experience. However on this trip after we'd been there for 3 days i found a bedbug. We checked out right away and they did refund us for the unused night. We came home and started the process of nuking our clothes and luggage so that hopefully we won't have any hitchhikers.
In general (besides the bedbug) i thought the room was not as clean as i would want. The room we were in (111) had a really dirty looking carpet. The mini fridge also froze everything we put in it which resulted in the tossing a a bunch of snack foods.
So, proceed with caution at the Trees. If you have to stay here take the precautions of bagging everything in plastic, don't put anything on the floor and be aware you might be bitten. Hopefully they will take steps to fumigate and pull the carpets out of the rooms.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Elizabeth J, Owner at The Trees Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

We have addressed all of the issues and hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

Hoping we might get some money back. Reservations were handled fine. Room was fairly clean other than interesting items found in drawers. Blue ray disc, pieces of foam,jar lids. No idea why. The heater didn’t work. Talked to lady in office. She explained how to use it. We tried, still no luck. Go back and tell her it doesn’t work, she says oh yeah I think that room has a problem, she will call the manager. We go to dinner and come back and go to office. No one is there. Try again an hour later. She says she forgot to call manager. She gives us a plug in room heater. Day 2.... no one comes to clean room. So... office is closed for thanksgiving so we will try again when they are open. We dump our trash, make our beds and will hopefully get new towels. The towels from last night are still wet since our room is cold and damp.. remember no heat? We are supposed to stay here one more night but I sort of want to leave. The people next to us are noisy banging doors. They have not left the motel that we have noticed. Not sure if they rent the room or what. Sketchy and not feeling all that safe. Another one to avoid in bishop. Oh finally... TV guide says they have ESPN, it’s a lie. Free WiFi? Cannot even get onto it. Will update review if they do anything to make it better.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

Sorry about the bad experience. We are suppose to have espn and wifi. We will call sudden link. We are very particular abot who we rent to these days. We hope you give us another chance. Give me the name and date you stayed with us and I will add a complementary night for your next stay good for a year.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

We usually use The Trees every time we visit family in Bishop, CA. We knew Christmas was in Bishop in 2017 so made reservations in October of 2016, just got a call today that unfortunately they need to cancel our reservations. That's just great, now I'm weeks instead of months away from our trip from AZ to Bishop without a hotel. Thanks, The Trees, so disappointing.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

We are so sorry. Mammoth Mountain purchased the entire motel and it was all or nothing. It's during our slow season and it helped us get through he winter. This winter they are booking 75 beds at 3 locations so I may have availabilities. I'll know in a couple of weeks if you want to check back with us. Again we are so sorry to inconvenience you.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

Very small room in a 1950s or 1960s small motel. Floor sagged. The shower ran a constant change of very hot to very cold. The bathroom tub and sink were vintage pink. No breakfast. Friendly manager. This is an "L" shape motel on a corner lot with what looks like a pleasant grass area under tall trees.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We have renovated rooms available. We hope you give us another chance and request one of the renovated rooms. Were almost done with all of them.