“Easy in, easy out”
Review of The Trees Motel

The Trees Motel
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I come to the Eastern Sierra every summer to backpack. Drive from San Diego. Stay overnight in town. Get up early and start hiking. The Trees Motel is one of a series of great non-chain motels in the region (Lone Pine, Independence, Bishop). If you don't need frills just a clean comfortable place for a night or two, this place is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Todd C

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very nice arrival and friendly check-in to Room 7.

Good size room with kitchen, including fridge, microwave, pots and pans, kitchen counter with two stools and even an electric cooktop. Very cute, not really outdated. A/C worked, good TV and the room was attractive. The wi-fi was not at all robust in this room. The shower's water pressure was uncomfortably sketchy at times. Also, walking barefoot in the room after a shower darkened the soles on my feet, so bring sandals.

If you have backpacking gear or much luggage, at least you don't have to lug anything upstairs, all rooms are ground level. The walls do not do very much to muffle conversations from the neighboring rooms or the daily traffic noise on Line St.

However, a sitting area in the courtyard is sweet, and the motel location is great for heading out to the trailheads for Bishop Pass or Piute Pass,which, after all, is why i was there.

Room Tip: Wi-fi might be better closer to the office.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank joshhikes
Reviewed June 24, 2013

When I am on vacation I like to stay in non-chain motels. This motel was available so I booked it for one night. The motel is about half a mile from highway 395. The road it is on is busy, but I did not hear much traffic inside my room. The room was nice, with a bathroom in the back. The bathroom had a window, which I really liked. I could open the windows in the bathroom and the bedroom and there was a nice draught. At night I opened the bedroom window and turned off the AC. There was very little noise from outside and I slept very wel. The room had a micro and a fridge, so in the morning I had cool drinks to take on my trip to Nevada. Both the room and the bathroom were very clean.
I would recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for a nice and inexpensive motel in Bishop.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Hollandia64
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Forget Holiday Inn, days inn, and all that ilk. It was really fun staying at a Non-chain motel. Unique. One of a kind. The room was small but very nicely decorated, comfy bed, spotlessly clean. Park adjacent to your room, yea! Nice park-like outdoor sitting area. Friendly and helpful hosts. Frig, micro, in room coffee., flat screen. Plus REAL glasses and real cups. What else ? A very reasonable rate.
Used booking.com to make and manage my reservation. Great experience. Mountain view. Bishop is a lovely town.

Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank KU71
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Love to fish, so I have stayed at hotels and cabins in the area. This one was suggested by a friend who won't stay anywhere else. Exterior is deceiving, but grass courtyard was nice to sit around and share fish stories over "a beverage." Pleasantly shocked at the remodeled interior. Looks like they spared no expense. Hardwood floors; lots of quality custom tile on floor and in shower; custom stainless sink and faucet in kitchenette and more (see photos). Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and inexpensive. Fish cleaning and freezer on site. Great location for budget minded travelers or outdoorsman. Got MORE than I expected. Verrrrry happy...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank d3jsk
Veronica L, Manager at The Trees Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We very much appreciate the time and effort that you put into this review, just as we have put into the remodeling of our rooms! Thank you for staying at Trees Motel and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is the best place We have ever stayed at in bishop, Ca. we have been coming here 2 to 4 times a year for the last 5 years. I recently stayed here and discovered that there had been a change in management. The current staff (Veronica and Billy)were extremely accommodating to us. They went out of their way to make sure we had a good stay. We stayed here for 5 nights and had a blast every day! The rooms were very clean and the barbecue area is always a plus. I look forward to staying here with my friends and family for future stays!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rene P

Thank you for your positive review! We enjoyed having you as our guests her at Trees Motel and look forward to your next fishing trip. See you then!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The staff could not be more helpful and friendly. The service is great. The rooms are clean and well-kept. The shower is powerful. The rooms with kitchenettes are extra deluxe. Beds are firm and clean. TVs are new and bright. The grounds are peaceful and charming. I have stayed in almost every motel in Bishop; this is my favorite.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! Our newly remodeled kitchenette units are very comfy and cozy and we are glad you enjoy them. Thank you for your patronage!