“A pleasant meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Gold Country
“A pleasant meal”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We stopped off in Bishop en route to AZ. Very happy to find an Indian restaurant ~ thank you Trip Advisor! We were the only diners all evening and the food and service very good The papadoms were overly greasy and we sent them back. They were replaced with baked papadoms which were perfect, so we would recommend that you order baked to get them right the first time. The vindaloo was "medium heat". Would definitely eat there again. Nice change from all the Mexican restaurants in town.

Tel-Aviv
“Good fresh food”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Unbelievable - very good Indian food in a small town.
Everything we ate was good and fresh.
The price was reasonable, and the service exceptional ! - How need more ?

• Visited September 2013
Fresno, California
“Good food, nice service, not a great price”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a newer Indian restaurant in the Bishop area. The restaurant does not yet have a liquor license..but they will let you purchase your own wine or beer and bring it into the restaurant.
The food was good and served to my specified level of spice (not too hot, not too bland...the spicyness was just right).

The decor was nice and the ambiance was good. The waitress was quite friendly. The cook never appeared, but I'm sure the cook is nice as well.

This restaurant was pricier than most Indian restaurants I've been to. Perhaps it has more to do with the area's supply and demand than other things. Even though a bit more than I wanted to pay, the food was good and the people were pleasant. I would rate the restaurant a 4 out of a possible 5. ...the only downside being the price.

In Bishop and looking for Indian?....this is your place.

• Visited April 2013
Bishop, California
“Very friendly people:)”
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I ate here for lunch. It was my first time eating Indian cuisine and I was pleasantly surprised about how much I liked it. During lunch the have the place set up like a buffet but if you go during dinner hours you can order off the menu. All the people that worked there were very friendly. I would definately recomend trying this place out.

• Visited July 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Nice surprise in the Eastern Sierra!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had a late lunch buffet here and were pleased with the food, especially considering where we were (i.e. the Eastern Sierra/Bishop). Usually, the tail-end of a buffet service is not that great, but everything was still fresh and nothing dried out. As well, things were clean and didn't appear "picked over". All the items were typical of Indian restaurant buffets - e.g. curried vegetables and meats, salads with yogurt dressing, naan bread, Korma, rice, etc... The lamb was very good and tender. We were the only customers at that time (2:30pm), so the atmosphere was pleasant (no screaming kids) and the dining area and restrooms were clean. The price for the buffet ($13.99) was a little "spendy", but again I've spent much more for much less, so... All in all, a pleasant and unexpected find!

• Visited March 2013