“Everything you could want for BBQ”

Holy Smoke Texas BBQ
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Bishop
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Never review anywhere but this was so good I had to, We've travelled from San Diego to San Fran and back to bishop and this is the best BBQ we've had anywhere, excellent value and fantastic staff, couldn't recommend enough, if we didn't live in England we'd come every week

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Ate here twice during mule days. busy, busy place with good reason....Good que.....'nuff said....Good coleslaw, good ribs, good pulled pork, good chicken....didn't try the tritip or the sausage but it looked good...

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have real mixed feelings about this place. We spent one night in Bishop on our way up to Yosemite and this spot was walking distance from our hotel, and open for a rather late supper. We ordered a variety of dishes...the corn bread "taco", the brisket, and the sampler platter. while everything was tasty, the meat seemed rather dry and I really didn't see a big difference between the different cuts of meat. It all tasted pretty much the same.
The sides were great! Mac and cheese was really yummy, the cornbread wasn't too sweet, and the slaw was fresh and tangy. I really would have been happy with just the sides and could have passed on the meats, which isn't how a BBQ place should be.
The girls who worked the counter and brought the dinners to our table were sweet and charming. They were a lot of fun and were very patient as I tried to explain the various menu options to our group of non-English speaking Italians. I really appreciated how kind and fun they were.
All in all, this was a satisfactory spot that was also very popular with the locals, but it's not the best BBQ ever.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Driving through Bishop on our first RV trip- we had a great lunch at this corner. Chili chicken samplers and cornbread . Across the street a great bakery for the car ride

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had dinner here on our way to Mammoth Lakes. We were anxious to try this place because good eating places are rare around here. We use to go to Buffalo Bills for BBQ but they are closed now.

We ordered the ribs and beef brisket. Sides were cornbread, potato salad, mac and cheese, and slaw. The ribs and brisket was probably cooked a day or two ago. DRY. Very very dry. The ribs were burnt (from the reheating). The end was so burnt, it was not edible The brisket was so dry, it was almost like jerky. I know I know. Plenty of good reviews. Bad day? Maybe. I just think leftovers from a day or two ago should NEVER be served to a customer given the high prices and small portions.

The slaw was just ok. The cornbread was dry and bland. The potato salad and the mac and cheese were EXCELLENT. It was the best I have ever had!!!

2  Thank Justmyexperience