“A must!”

Holy Smoke Texas BBQ
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Bishop
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We drive through Bishop about 4 times a year. We have eaten in most of the restaurants there over the years. I can not remember a time when both of us kept saying it was the best food ever . I had the pulled pork and he had the tri tip. I said several times, yours can't be as good as mine. Then I tried his. It was the most tender and flavorful tri tip in the world. We told the owner how much we loved it and she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. With her cute accent and every staff member checking on us, could it get any better? No.

1  Thank deb m

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is a BBQ joint and food is served on paper plates and trays. The brisket was some of the most juicy I've ever had and the sausages were terrific. The pulled pork was average. I didn't try the ribs but they looked good. The server was friendly and competent, the wine (just splits) was icy cold and the beer looked to be the same. The prices were very good for the quantity of food served. I saw no evidence of any religious slant to the place; since I am not interested in strangers' religious beliefs, I would have been very aware of any religiousity.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

wish the BBQ was better than what it was... for the prices we should be better than paper plates and plastic utensils...

Reviewed November 9, 2013

A weird restaurant, with a weird menu, run by some weird people. I have no issue with people having their religious beliefs, whether they be Christian, Muslim Jewish or Jedi knights, but I do object to being subliminally force fed bible bashing Christianity whilst eating my dinner. In addition to that we were given paper plates and plastic knives and forks. If you like weird give it a whirl, if you want a nice meal go elsewhere

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had dinner tonight after reviewing Trip Advisor for restaurants in the Bishop area. Disappointing to say the least. The brisket was very dry, the BBQ wasn't anything special. There were three different sauces: regular, hot & spicy and they all tasted similar.
Side dishes: We tried the Baked Mac & Cheese (it was the best part of the meal but burnt on the bottom), the baked beans (too sweet and chunks of fatty meat), and my honey had the cornbread (it was very dry).
We ordered the Longhorn - brisket dinner and the Sampler Platter - three meats (sausage, overcooked ribs and bone dry brisket) and a soda = $36
I hope your experience is better than ours was, and sometimes restaurants do have off nights.
Gonna try the Pie in the Sky & Bishop Burger joint next time :)