“Great BBQ”

Holy Smoke Texas BBQ
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Bishop
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Staff were super friendly, and the food was amazing. We stopped for dinner after a day of hiking, and were very pleased we did! Tried both the pork and beef brisket, and we had trouble deciding which was better. Cornbread was still hot, and the potato salad and baked potato were both perfect.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had some spare ribs that were just outstanding. Cooked to perfection, falling off the bone but not dry at all with three BBQ sauces, regular, hot and really hot. The sauces are equally as good as the ribs. This is one of the best BBQs I've ever had.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you like BBQ food, you'll like Holy Smoke. The owners are friendly and the food is very good.

They have outdoor seating and provide water for you dog.

I had the beef brisket and my wife had the pulled pork sandwich. Neither in my opinion were the best I've ever had but it his the spot and we walked away satisfied.

Pricing is a bit high but everything is on the east side of the Sierras.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were in Bishop, CA for one night. We checked out the usual restaurant suspects and this place looked the most fun - and smelled heavenly.

We were not disappointed.

You order at a counter and your food is brought to you. We got ours quickly.

My wife had the brisket (see the title of this review) and I had BBQ ribs. Both excellent.

The cole slaw was good. The potato salad was really delicious.

There was a good selection of beer to choose from.

Pricing is a tad high relative to portion size but neither is too skewed to effect this review.

We'd eat there again.

1  Thank DoubleP
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The owners are from Texas and you can tell - slow roasted brisket, corn bread and all the fixin's served in the casual style of a BBQ joint in Austin or some other southern town. They now have a quaint patio that looks out onto Hwy 395 and the travelers wandering into Schat's Bakery. Could be worse.

Been to Holy Smoke Texas BBQ? Share your experiences!