“It is a bowling alley”

The Back Alley Bowl and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Back Alley Bowl and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Bishop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food is good the wait staff friendly and efficient, and the price okay. But it is the bowling alley! And you hear the balls hitting the pins and league play going on. We travel through Bishop regularly and usually eat at Whiskey Creek which after tonight we will continue to do. There is more to a meal than the food.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were in Bishop for one night only, passing through on a road trip. The bowling alley was recommended by reception staff at the Creekside Inn located very conveniently next door. I have to be honest in saying I was a little sceptical at first about the likely food choices and quality of food at a bowling alley but I am delighted to say how wrong I was. I think this was one of the best meals I had in the states. The restaurant was full with locals dining, enough said! The food was amazing. The menu was varied and interesting. Staff were extremely helpful and attentive. And as an added bonus you get to watch some pretty competitive league bowling for entertainment. Brilliant place, great atmosphere!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

What a great great place, lovely servers and excellent food. Clearly a local watering and dining spot, they serve very well cooked steak and cold beer. what else could you want.
The location is great no matter what place you're staying in, so if you need a first night out spot, this is a sure thing, P.S. can always get a lane to finish off the night.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friend & I went to this place by default as we were staying in the motel next door and it happened to be one of the rare nights that it was raining in town and we didn't want to get soaked. We were both surprised by how crowded the restaurant was and now we know why...they pour a great drink and both the quality of the food and the quantity of the portions were great. The waitress was very friendly and efficient. I had a HUGE ribeye steak special which was incredible and I can't write enough about how surprised I was in finding this hidden spot located in a small town bowling alley !!! I look forward to coming back and trying again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We are Bishop locals. My wife works at a local bank and I work at a nearby hotel. We eat at the back Alley oftern and I must send 10 tables of people to you per day from the hotel. Tonight, we came to see them for dinner as we have so many times before. We waited patiently to be seated, but eventually sat ourselves. The waitress, who has been there for some time was doing the best she could but we could see she was a bit frustrated despite her efforts not to show it. I ordered the swordfish, my wife ordered the prime rib medium well end cut and our daughter ordered the steak and shrimp, medium well. Our food was slow coming out, but good things are worth the wait. What we received was not worth the wait. My swordfish was bad. I mean stinky, rotten horrible, wouldn't feed it to a stray cat spoiled. It had to be obvious to the kitchen staff. My wife received a beautiful rare mid-cut of prime rib. Unfortunatley, not what she ordered. When her end-cut came, it was inedible. Her knife literally bounced off the thick layer of fat and grissle. We pointed this out to the waitress, who went to the kitchen and told them of the situation. She then left the dining room. We waited quite some time and eventually threw down some money to cover our drinks and left. We passed the waitress in the parking lot on our way out. She seemed very upset and I believe she was on the phone. We went to Yamatani for a great dinner. I don't know when we will be back. I know I can no longer recommend you to my patrons in good conscience.

Been to The Back Alley Bowl and Grill? Share your experiences!