“Good food with fun atmosphere!”

The Back Alley Bowl and Grill
Ranked #3 of 61 Restaurants in Bishop
Cuisines: Pub, American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Thousand Oaks, California
“Good food with fun atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is a good place to eat, and a fun place to take the family. The food is so much better than you'd expect at a bowling alley, and as a matter of fact, it would be tasty enough to stand on it's own in a regular, committed restaurant! Large portions, reasonable prices, good menu selection. Friendly service, too. We will definitely be back on future trips through Bishop!

• Visited May 2013

Huntington Beach, California
“Funny smell”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Well, I read this place was recommended in 'Inyo County's Favorites,' so we decided to do lunch there. When I walked in, the place had an odd odor, some kind of disinfectant. Kind of hokey decor. The wind was howling outside so I disregarded the smell and decor. We picked a table and sat down and the waitress, after a short time, when she had finished her conversation came over with menus and took our drink order which arrived quickly. Scanning the menu I saw 'Fish and Chips' - that was my choice, the wife ordered 'Shrimp and Chips.' Eventually the waitress returned, when her conversations allowed and took our order. The food arrived, I had to ask for cutlery. The fish looked oily but tasted OK, fries passable. With the wife's order, the waitress said that was the last of the shrimp and so to make it up popcorn shrimp was on her plate too. Shrimp tasted 'old.' Glasses were refilled. We waited for our check, conversation was more important. Check never arrived, I had to go and get it, I waited for the waitress to come and get our payment, conversation with a guy at the bar took precedent. Went up to bar and paid it. I guess if you aren't 'local' you don't rate in this joint.
Wont be back.

• Visited October 2013
Hemet, California
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is the third time we have been to Bishop this last year....and we have been recomended this restaurant but laughed it off as it is a bowling ally....We finally tried it last night and all I can say is next time were in Bishop....we will be back.

Visited September 2013
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Am I from mars?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Food was nice. Good steak. Went as a four and the place was heaving. Always a good sign. Heaving with locals who made no secret of gawping when they heard an English accent. But I think they got over it. Not massively friendly and service pretty slow. Pros. Good food and definitely real America. Cons. Not really that welcoming a group

• Visited September 2013
Gold Coast
“This is a must see in bishop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place so much. The food was amazing and on particular nights they do all you can eat spaghetti. It was so yummy. The place itself is decked out as a Hawaiian paradise. He staff were friendly and efficient. We will be back for sure.

• Visited September 2013