“Disappointing”
Review of Motel 6 Bishop

Motel 6 Bishop
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had read reviews here and thought Motel 6 would be a fine choice. I don't look for anything fancy, and I didn't expect a lot, but I would have hoped for more.

The room was quite large. No carpet, but fake wood flooring. That's just okay (and good for allergies) but there was a gigantic empty space. I joked to my husband that we could have held a dance in there!). The furnishings are minimal. To hard chairs, a "half table" and king sized bed. The bed was a stiffer sort of mattress but was fine. The walls are paper thin and we could here everything next door as well as the dog barking below. The heater was incredibly noisy. There was also a microwave and fridge in the room, but we didn't use those so I can't say much about them. There is no hair dryer, and you have to pay for shampoo if you've forgotten yours.

The place had been redone, and it was in a rather plain IKEA sort of looking style. The orange walls were empty aside from the TV. While they clearly spend time remodeling they didn't update the bathroom. The shower ran hot then cold. The toilet didn't flush properly.

And then there was the "Free Internet". I realize one could say we got what we paid for, as it never worked for longer than a few minutes. I called the front desk about this but nothing changed.

A man was checking out before I did and the hotel staff gave him a card and said to be sure and review the hotel as they wanted to know what people thought of the new decor and the service. As I checked out I told her about our internet problems. Oddly enough she didn't offer me that same card so that I could review the hotel and service.

All in all it was a very disappointing stay.

Room Tip: I can't imagine anything will be different room-to-room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PATTY M
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Patty,
Thank you for taking time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the noise and WiFi issues you encountered during your recent stay. These conditions are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Bishop

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We travel through Bishop a few times a year, and have stayed in many of the town's motels over the years, but just recently decided to try the Motel 6. This will definitely be our place to stay from now on. Very friendly and helpful staff greet you with a smile when you arrive (I don't think we've encountered nicer in any place we've stayed). They have large, clean, modern new rooms, and best of all, they are pet friendly with no pet fees! They even offered free dog biscuits at the front desk to give to our travel-weary dog. Many decent restaurants are within a short walking distance. Free wi-fi was an added bonus. Now it's our favorite place to stay when in the Eastern Sierras!

Room Tip: Downstairs if you have a lot of luggage to carry, but second floor would probably be even more quiet...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank miserablehappycrazy
Tevis V, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Miserablehappycrazy,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review, and thank you for deciding to stay with us! It is our pleasure to extend a warm welcome to you and your four-legged friend. Thank you again and we can not wait to see you on your next vacation to Bishop!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The Bishop Visitors Bureau steered us to Motel 6, which had recently refurbished its rooms. Don't let the old exterior fool you - the rooms have a modern European design with a wooden floor and sleek lighting. The "office and media" center is a semi-circular desk with a HDTV and HDMI and RCA jack inputs. It is among the most advanced media display centers in any hotel properties today. This is not the Motel 6 of yesteryear. The only negative was the property charges $1.00 per small shampoo bottle and a $20.00 deposit on a hair dryer. This is a small obstacle keeping Motel 6 from breaking through to the 2 1/2 star property ranking.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo and hair dryer, along with a power strip if you need to use your laptop and c...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently stayed at this Motel 6 while passing thru, Front desk clerk very friendly and was able to handle her workload hassel free with so many people checking in at 1 time. It was all we had expected in a Motel 6 clean and comfortable accommodations , fairly quite. The bathroom fan and light was missing it's protective fan cover which allowed us to see the dust in the outlet not appealing but other than that no complaints. And the convenience of restaurants walking distance from the motel. This Motel 6 is above the average Motel 6

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We got the cheepest price in the city, but the rooms were brand new. It has what you need in the room and the internet was okay.
The staff was freindly and helpful.
The pool is not so big.
A cross the street there are a few resturant and som of the give you a discount when you stay at Motel 6.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here about a year ago after a 5 day long pack trip in the Sierras.
The check in was hassle-free, and the room was really more than we expected.
I hope they keep up the good work on keeping the rooms clean. All I could recommend is perhaps replacement the mattresses and pillows, our mattress was a bit hard and pillows flat.
Replacement needs to occur from time to time. Overall, more than we expected from small town lodging.

Room Tip: Not fancy, but certainly clean. Request a room on the second floor, to reduce noise issues.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was a lot nicer than some of the rooms I stayed in. Rooms was very nice. Had hard wood floors and I like that no sticky carpets to deal with. Let us in before checkin time. Everyone was very nice. The room was very big. We had a king bed and had a lot of room for everything we had.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business