Motel 6 Bishop
$106
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$120
$160
$146
HIExpress.com
$119
The Hostel California(Bishop)(Great Value!)
$90
$109
Bishop Village Motel(Bishop)(Great Value!)
$103
Elms Motel(Bishop)
$122
All reviewsfront desknice modern roomsfree wifistay there againdeath valleyqueen bedroom was cleanthe young ladychecking inroad tripstayed here for one nightthe main streetfloormotelhardwoodmicrowavepet
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My Grandson and I stayed here while doing some fishing in the Bishop/Owens River area. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. They even had some good advice on where the fish were biting. We are definitely going to be staying here again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Frank R
Motel6BishopCA, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you had a good experience with us and hope you come back again soon.

Warm Regards,

Araceli Arellano

Reviewed July 21, 2012

A road trip with our dog made this our first stop; an advance reservation was made. A cheery front desk attendant reminded us that coffee was available the next morning. The room, 104, was clean, had ample storage and hangers and a refrigerator. Motel 6 properties can be hit-or-miss, but this Motel 6 property was well worth the stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Troonster

Thank you for your nice word concerning our motel. Our employees like to hear compliments about them doing a good job. I will also mention to housekeeping that they are doing a fine job keeping this motel nice and clean. I am glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I and our dog traveled 1200 miles up the 395 and back. We had the most pleasant stay at the Motel 6 in Bishop. The room was clean and spacious. The mattresses were very comfortable. The young lady who check us in was very gracious. The price was the best of our whole trip. Be sure to ask about a senior citizen discount or AAA discount. We will stay there next time, for sure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn E

Thank you for your kind words regarding our motel. We strive to make sure every guest has wonderful stay. I will let our staff know of your comments; they love to hear compliments about them and the motel! I am glad you had a great stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

The rooms were about average for a motel 6.

The TV was very old and could not be used for NexFlix streaming.

There are many places nearby but most are just out of reach for a short walk.

Parking was a little crowded, but there was just enough spaces.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Wayne J
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had an unexpected overnight stay in Bishop over the 4th of July holiday, so I knew I was going to be paying top dollar and that I couldn't be too picky about any lodging that I could find without a reservation. I've stayed at Motel 6 before so I decided to check in here.

The good news was that they had an available room and that the price, while not exactly "budget," was still reasonable given what everybody else in the area was asking.

The bad news: well, it was around 100 during the day in the Owens Valley, and the room felt about as hot even at 10 PM when I checked in. It took the A/C almost two hours running at full blast to get the room cool enough to be able to sleep. The A/C also had not been cleaned in some time as well.

The bed was falling apart. I took off the bedspread (note to budget motel managers -- just take them all in a pile and burn these, nobody is impressed by them) and could see the rips in the box spring cover. I was a bit worried about fire due to all the extension cords and even the fridge was plugged into a power strip. The rest of the room was "mediocre" in terms of cleanliness.

But the big surprise was the bathroom. Normally, this is where you see shortcuts in housekeeping and maintenance. I've stayed in lodging "superior" to Motel 6 that had bathrooms with mold in tile grout and/or were beat up or falling apart. So after seeing the room, I expected the bathroom to be pretty bad. However, the bathroom was SPOTLESS! No mold anywhere. The linoleum wasn't peeling, and neither was the paint on the walls and door. The plumbing provided good water pressure and decently hot water for a shower. The towels were thin and scratchy, but that's typical for Motel 6.

Once the room got cool enough, I did get a good night's rest. My room was very close to Main Street/Highway 395 but I couldn't hear traffic at all. Parking was OK but if you tow a trailer you may have an issue as the lot is long but narrow and has no back exit that I could tell. Like the other lodging along 395, there is no street parking allowed. For dining convenience there some restaurants across the street including Denny's, KFC, and Taco Bell, and Starbucks is a block away.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank RonTheTraveler
M6bishop, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the 4094 Bishop. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that I take them very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to 4094 Bishop.

Araceli Arellano