“Average Motel 6 Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Bishop

Motel 6 Bishop
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Buena Park
“Average Motel 6 Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The rooms were about average for a motel 6.

The TV was very old and could not be used for NexFlix streaming.

There are many places nearby but most are just out of reach for a short walk.

Parking was a little crowded, but there was just enough spaces.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Wayne J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I had an unexpected overnight stay in Bishop over the 4th of July holiday, so I knew I was going to be paying top dollar and that I couldn't be too picky about any lodging that I could find without a reservation. I've stayed at Motel 6 before so I decided to check in here.

The good news was that they had an available room and that the price, while not exactly "budget," was still reasonable given what everybody else in the area was asking.

The bad news: well, it was around 100 during the day in the Owens Valley, and the room felt about as hot even at 10 PM when I checked in. It took the A/C almost two hours running at full blast to get the room cool enough to be able to sleep. The A/C also had not been cleaned in some time as well.

The bed was falling apart. I took off the bedspread (note to budget motel managers -- just take them all in a pile and burn these, nobody is impressed by them) and could see the rips in the box spring cover. I was a bit worried about fire due to all the extension cords and even the fridge was plugged into a power strip. The rest of the room was "mediocre" in terms of cleanliness.

But the big surprise was the bathroom. Normally, this is where you see shortcuts in housekeeping and maintenance. I've stayed in lodging "superior" to Motel 6 that had bathrooms with mold in tile grout and/or were beat up or falling apart. So after seeing the room, I expected the bathroom to be pretty bad. However, the bathroom was SPOTLESS! No mold anywhere. The linoleum wasn't peeling, and neither was the paint on the walls and door. The plumbing provided good water pressure and decently hot water for a shower. The towels were thin and scratchy, but that's typical for Motel 6.

Once the room got cool enough, I did get a good night's rest. My room was very close to Main Street/Highway 395 but I couldn't hear traffic at all. Parking was OK but if you tow a trailer you may have an issue as the lot is long but narrow and has no back exit that I could tell. Like the other lodging along 395, there is no street parking allowed. For dining convenience there some restaurants across the street including Denny's, KFC, and Taco Bell, and Starbucks is a block away.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank RonTheTraveler
M6bishop, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the 4094 Bishop. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that I take them very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to 4094 Bishop.

760-873-8426
Cernusco sul Naviglio, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Visiting the California from north to south in the back of the Sierra Nevada, we find this place to stay for just one night. The welcome desk was very friendly and the room clean and quiet. We had a very good rest for a reasonable price. I would reccomend this hotel to the people that want to make a stop along the road. Also just in front of the hotel there is one my preferred breackfast place in USA ... Denny's.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ref43
Lakewood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

First time staying here, as mostly all of the other hotels in town were booked with 2-night minimum stays required for the holiday weekend. Staff was exceptionally friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room was reasonably priced, and it was more spacious than we anticipated. Beds were comfortable. Although the hotel is older, the room was very clean and the sitting area was an added bonus, although the table needed some repair. It was a basic hotel room, but it was better than expected. We will stay here again on our next drive through Bishop.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Erin S
M6bishop, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4094 Bishop. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Lovelock, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

Being former property managers when we travel we tend to check a little closer then most might on how clean a room is.This room was the cleanest room we have found of ANY hotel/motel we've stayed in the last 5 years of traveling. In addition we forgot something important in our room when we left and before we traveled far they called my cell and we were able to return for it.Most motels would not bother to go above and beyond to call so quickly. Great service, great price. very quite rooms. Thanks for every thing. Keep the light on we will be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mike l
Motel6BishopCA, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, December 6, 2011

Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed at this motel 6 on Nov 24th and checked in around 5pm. The lady at the front desk was just super friendly. She saw that i requested extra pillows and there was one for us. She even called us a few minutes after we got into our room to make sure everything was good for us. Ive never had a better experience at a Motel 6! Would be nice if Motel 6 offered shampoo though! The area felt safe, it was well lit, the rooms were super clean. Overall a great experience!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cutenchuncky
Motel6BishopCA, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this review, November 29, 2011

Tel Aviv
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

It was a weekend and tried to book in Bishop at the last minute. All the hotels on the Trip Advisor list were fully booked except for Vagabond Inn that could only offer a 2 queen room and we are a family of 5. Finally found a room at Motel 6. The room was very basic, no breakfast and we had to lug 5 heavy suitcases up a flight of stairs. The room was more expensive than Vagabond Inn that offered a room and breakfast for $90. However, my son contends that this was the most comfortable roll-away he slept on out of about 10 different hotels we stayed in.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family