“We were so impressed and will be back!”
Review of Motel 6 Bishop

Motel 6 Bishop
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The front desk staff was kind, courteous and efficient. The room was comfortable and the hotel was dog friendly. It is a great affordable place to stay in the Eastern Sierra.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank michaelgwoods
Motel6BishopCA, Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4094 Bishop. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Araceli Arellano
Bishop, CA Motel 6

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Bishop

Reviewed May 23, 2011

If I could rate this motel with no stars, I would. I generally like Motel 6, but this particular Motel 6 was substandard. The first thing I noticed about our room was the dirty carpet that hadn't been vacuumed. In addition to the dirty carpet, there was trash behind the furniture in our room. There appeared to be a possible fire hazard when one of the reading lights next to the bed sparked like a firecracker when the on/off switch was pressed. At around 9am, one of the maids knocked on our door, even though check-out time was 11am. The bed was very hard and I woke up throughout the night because it was so uncomfortable. I wouldn't recommend staying at the Bishop Motel 6. There are other lodgings in Bishop that would likely provide a cleaner environment, and a more comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Giz-LA
M6bishop, General Manager at Motel 6 Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the 4094 Bishop. I am sorry that your expectations were not met please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Motel 6 we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer: therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We Appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Sincerely, Araceli Arellano

Reviewed November 7, 2010

Woke up bit now day 2 I'm covered in bites and Dr says bed bugs, room seemed smelly n damp and home to jungle of bed bugs... Beware

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank wonderland711
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Yes this is a motel 6, and with motel 6 sometimes their motels are decent and well maintained, but unfortunately alot of the time, their motels are not maintained and the one in Bishop is one of those locations. We stopped here on our way up to Lake Tahoe, and the room we got had a filthy couch, and filthy carpet, the walls were dirty (mainly in the bathroom) I found myself wiping down the walls, door, handles, etc. with disinfecting wipes for a good 15-20 minutes. Yes I know this is Motel 6 and I don't expect much from them other than a basic, clean comfortable room. But this Motel 6, a huge corporation like Accor can afford to better maintain, and keep their motels cleaner! On our way back we stayed there again (reluctantly) this time we had a nicer room with newer, cleaner carpet, and an overall cleaner room, however this time we had large ants in our bathroom, the following morning my husband told the lady at the front desk, and she said "oh yeah! we'll take care of it!" he said she didn't sound very promising. I think they let this motel go downhill because it's just a one night stop for most people, and they don't expect repeat visits, so they don't worry about keeping it maintained. Also the beds were hard, but my husband and I got used to them quickly so it wasn't a big deal to us.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2010

If you are going to be awake in the hotel/motel .. pay the extra 25-30bucks and get thee to a clean motel with less bugs.. on the other hand, if you know for sure you will fall asleep as your head hits the pillow.. then ... nope.. still pay the extra and enjoy a rested night's sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Stayed at this motel for approximately 30 minutes before checking out due to disgust! After touring the Eastern Sierra my spouse and I were tired and in need of a shower, so we stopped at Motel 6 for the night. After a quick shower we both agreed we would rather sleep in the back of our truck than stay at this rundown motel. We both couldnt believe the condition of the bed and the sheets! Look in Mammoth Lakes about thirty miles away, lots of choices and they even clean their motels.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CENTRALCALI
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Way too expensive for a Motel 6, but that probably has something to do with the location, between Yosemite and Death Valley... Good room though, with a fridge! That’s a first in this chain.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple