“Excelllent Service”
Review of Travelodge Bishop

Travelodge Bishop
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Bishop
Reviewed October 10, 2006

We really enjoyed our stay in Bishop and this hotel. Although we arrived before the check-in time, the receptionist (Laura) tried extremely hard to get us a room and make our stay comfortable.
The room was one of the better ones that we had during our 10 day holiday - even better than those in more expensive hotels. It seemed fairly new and was very clean. However, from the outside the hotel doesn't look that great. Breakfast is included - basic, but similar to the continental breafsat in other chains (actually slightly better).
The hotel is in a good location, in the centre of Bishop, close to shops and restaurants. Bishop is a lovely place - we would visit again - we were given a warm welcome.

Visitor from UK

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank kitseb

Reviewed August 11, 2006

Pros: The lobby is nice and the bedding/curtains were attractive. Cons: The carpet pad in our room was lumpy, the door to our room stuck in places as it was closed and opened, the pool is old and cruddy looking and the paint is chipping off on the outside of the building. Not worth the $99 that we paid.

• Stayed: August 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SoCalFamily2
Reviewed April 28, 2006

A 3 Star rating is as ambiguous as a politician answering a simple yes or no question. Especially among the mid priced chains there can be a significant difference in amenities and overall hotel quality. My company provides a basic travel allowance, so my goal is how I can get the most hotel for my budget. Therefore my reviews will be on how close the hotel meets my "3 Star" expectations.

What are my 3 Star expectations? The room should contain an AM/FM alarm radio, desk or work area with chair, hair dryer, coffee maker, iron and iron board. So if a hotel exceed these expectations, it will be noted in the Pro, if items are lacking it will be noted in the con. An example might be a room that has a microwave; therefore I would list it in the Pro area without listing all my other standard amenities.

Pro: standard amenities listed above

Con: All the standard amenities listed above in the smallest room I had every stayed in. Off the main street in a seedier area, thin walls means noise from other guests my bother you. No inside hallways, so with rooms facing the street we were woken up by a barking dog at 4 am. They had to call the police to remove the dog. In my opinion for $100 a night this hotel was overpriced.

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank ganon
A TripAdvisor Member
Redlands, CA
Reviewed June 19, 2005

The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly, and you get breakfast free.

• Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 7, 2005

I travel a lot and stay at Ramada often. I'm happy to say that most of my stays with Ramada have been very good, the hotels have always been clean and comfortable and this was no exception. The problem that I had in Bishop was the noise, the walls in this place are pretty thin and when there wasn't noise from the outside (which was most of the time) the noise from the pipes and squeaking floors, air conditioners, etc. was a little too much. This is a nice clean place, but not a quite one...

• Stayed: March 2005
8  Thank objective1
Reviewed April 4, 2005

I read good reviews and booked for 1 night stay a room with 2 queen beds, I also noted that there'll be 2 adults and 2 children.
Very friendly lady greeted me on check-in and told me that they reserved for me a room with 1 queen and 2 twins the latter two were in separate room connected with main one, with another TV set.
The kids were happy to have a room on their own, everything was very clean, continental breakfast was not better not worse than usual for this class of hotel.
The was wireless internet available for a fee (as I recall $4-5/hr, $6-7/2hr, etc.), nowadays some hotels (one of BWs in the same Bishop, but it's more expensive per night) don't charge for it.
Will stay again...

• Stayed: March 2005
3  Thank lexa
A TripAdvisor Member
Reno, NV
Reviewed February 16, 2005

This hotel overcharged me and even though it was a simple mistake the hotel hasn't been able to do anything about it due to bad service. I've called several times and sent all the necessary information yet nothing has been done months later! Too bad. It is in a nice area and the rooms aren't that bad but it certainly isn't worth the hassle.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member