“Not bad”
Review of Travelodge Bishop

Travelodge Bishop
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Bishop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel in Bishop last week for 3 nights. We liked the location because it is a short distance off the main highway, so we didn't hear any traffic noise. It's also located very close to Schat's bakkery and Jack's restaurant, both of which serve delicious food.

The room was nicely appointed with up-to-date decor and a large flat-screen t.v. It's a bit cramped because of all of the furniture, but if you're only going to be there to sleep and shower, it works out well. The beds are comfortable, if you like a firm bed. I didn't care for the vellux blanket because it reminds me of a rubber product. I'd rather see cotton blankets on the beds, but that is a minor concern.

The bathroom was clean and has a very effective heater, which is something I appreciated. It also has a good shower head with multiple settings, and a curved shower curtain rod to keep make the shower area feel more roomy. The water pressure was excellent!

We were with a group of 38 of our friends, and I didn't hear any complaints about the hotel. In fact, several of our friends needed various items and services from the staff, and everyone remarked that the staff was quite courteous and helpful. Some of our friends did say that the pillows are too puffy for their comfort, but I'd say it's always wise to bring your own pillow, if possible.

The maids are quite chatty early in the morning, so if you like to sleep in, bring ear plugs.

The breakfast was just okay. They served coffee, tea, hot chocolate, donuts, sweet rolls, bagels, instant oatmeal, Red Delicious apples, and several types of cold cereal. I appreciated the corn flakes since I am on a gluten-free diet. I was wishing for hard-boiled eggs and bananas as a part of the breakfast fare. The yogurt contains aspartame, and that was a disappointment. I'd rather have something with regular sugar in it instead of a chemical.

Overall, our stay was a good one, and I would return to this motel on our next trip to Bishop.

Room Tip: Rooms as far as possible from the main highway are the quietest.