See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2018

I just called to make a future reservation. Older sounding man with a foreign accent answered 'Hello', nothing else. So I asked if this was the Elms Motel, he replied 'yes', without much warmth. Hmmmm
As most of the reviews are a bit 'dated' and older, and many of the pictures posted here and on their very outdated website show the rooms with older, CRT 'Tube' TVs, I started by asking if all of their rooms still have the Tube TVs or do they now have newer Flat Panel TVs?

His Reply - a very unfriendly sounding 'Why?'. I asked him - 'Why am I asking?' He replied - 'Yes, why do you want to know'. I explained why as outlined above, and he then somewhat brusquely replied 'Yes, they are LCD TVs'. That was it. No further dialouge from him. I thanked him and said good bye.
In this day and age, if an innkeeper doesn't want to answer a question about their property or ammenities, I find it highly suspect and likely indicitive of other possible issues. Others may have had a positive experience at this property, however I will likely never find out for myself based on this experience.
I decided to make a reservation at another local, more customer friendly property.

Room tip: Can't help you. Sorry
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

I'd rate this place even worse if I could BEWARE!!

Very very rude people. Specialy the Indian man who goes by the name Harry.

Attempt # 1. I called them to make a reservation, I was asked for my phone number so they can call me back in 1 hr so we can book the room.(During the entire conversation he sounded irritated and bothered as if I woke him up burdened him). 2 - 3 hours passed, no call.

Attempt # 2. I called back requesting a reservation once again. Same guy picked up. I asked if he was available now to book over the phone. With a sigh he said yes, and took down my info almost as if he was rushing me off. We confirmed the dates and hung up.(during the transaction I had an uneasy feeling like he messed something up, specialy when he said I'll see you tomorrow when im booking the room for 3 days later).

Attempt # 3. A day passed by i kept thinking why he said that, did he gey the dates wrong. Must be a mistake let me call and confirm so i dont ruin my annual fishing trip. This time a lady picks up. I tell her i want to confirm my reservations. She takes down my info looks it up and confirms for the days inhad chosen (mon-wed). So I hang up at ease.

Come Monday (my check in date I get a voicemail saying my reservation is cancled due to no show. I asked hows that possible its today and I drove 40 miles to get here. She says it was for sunday you didnt show. I said is the room available now still must have been a communication error. Before I can finish the same guy grabbed the phone from the lady and started arguing with me. Telling me I was wrong and he wrote it down and calling me a liar. At this point I told him I dont want to argue with you, it was a miss understanding and if the rooms available I am in town. Before I can finish my sentence he hung up on me!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2018

This was the cheapest model we slept in during a big road trip. Room were a bit worn but nothing shady, a bit cold also (we visited in January), make sure to warm up the room before bed, the air con / heater is noisy. Basic decent breakfast. The biggest drawback was that I could feel the springs of the bed. But would stay again!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

A lovely little motel just off the main road, quiet and comfortable with everything you need. Price reasonable with very pleasant owners.
It is not 5 star however for me it's a home from home.
Cereal, coffee and toast available for breakfast.
I would definitely stay again if ever passing through.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

The Elms is my new go to when doing business in Bishop. First, it's affordable, second, is clean, third it's quiet. It may be small and old school. But I liked the quiet. I'll be back there from now on

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Harry B, General Manager at Elms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2017

Thank you, hope to see you soon.
Harry Bhakta