“Jack's saved my Mom's birthday!”
Review of Jack's Waffle Shop

Jack's Waffle Shop
Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Bishop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My parents were on a road trip to Arizona to celebrate my Mom's birthday when the transmission went out on their truck. They took their truck and trailer to Mr. K's Auto nearby (also wonderfully nice people!) and stayed a few days in the parking lot while waiting for the truck to be fixed. When I called my Mom to wish her a happy birthday she mentioned that they were planning to have dinner out and just spend the rest of the evening quietly in their trailer. I wanted to be sure that despite everything my Mom had a nice birthday, so I called Jack's and they were able to deliver their famous carrot cake and german chocolate cake to my folks. Thank you Jack's for going and above and beyond to ensure my Mom had a great birthday despite its rocky beginnings!

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We usually end up stopping here on ski trips from SoCal - our way to/from Mammoth or Tahoe. Always good service and good food, and a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I had fish and my husband had a burger. Food was good. Inside decor was amusing. Lots of taxidermy. The service was fast and very friendly. The lady next to me had fried chicken dinner and hers looked really great. I did love the fresh asparagus. Don't often have that as a side so it was appreciated.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Located about a mile south of Creekside, this establishment never fails us for whatever meal we have there.

At checkout, one leans on a glass cabinet where breads to die for are on display - in the morning. By noon the supply has diminished. Here is where disciplined dining is needed. One might question the old saw about Eating to Liver vs. Living to Eat. The climate is rigorous and outdoor activities are demanding.

1  Thank Maurice M
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Yep... If your only eating the above, it's fine. Get anything else in the menu, it will be a buttery, oily cheese dish - hash browns, omelets, burritos, u name it.

Sorry, but it's true. The bacon was good tho!

Been to Jack's Waffle Shop? Share your experiences!