“I wish I have a choice”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bontang
Bintang Sintuk Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bontang
Jakarta, Indonesia
“I wish I have a choice”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here for about a week in their standard room in a business trip. People said that this is the best hotel in Bontang. Smoking is allowed almost every where.

Power outage happened quite often. Internet connection is free in room (cable) and lobby area (wi-fi), but the connection were unreliable.

Almost all the food in the menu (and the free breakfast) taste awful. And overpriced too! The only dish that I found acceptable was the Hainan chicken rice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Ivan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was staying there for a night, the room is quite decent, but the toilet and shower is somewhat a turn-off. Anyway, it's the only representative hotel in Bontang so you would have no other choice.
The breakfast menu is OK, and the service is just right.

I stayed at room 114. Anyway, don't expect clean carpet, eclectic design, or anything fancy.

The hotel actually smells old, but it has tennis courts and golf court.

The view from the deck of the restaurant is nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank dydiarifien
Totton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My client booked me into this place, and it's fairly reasonable. The reception area and restaurant are very smart looking, uniformed doorman on duty, and the reception staff are charming. English is not spoken by some of the staff, but my rudimentary knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia, backed up by my trusty Lonely Planet phrase book has got me along quite well.

The food is Indonesian and breakfast has no token gesture to Western tastes, so forget about Continental, full English or wussy American breakfasts. As it happens, I quite enjoy a chicken curry and fried rice before I head off to work. There is an 'Egg Corner', the theory being that you bimble up to the afore mentioned 'Corner' and order the eggs done to your particular fancy....omelette or boiled to a golf ball, scrambled with egg shell, fried in half a pan of molten, salted butter but not poached, and a happy, smiling chef, in starched whites will start flipping pans, sprinkling herbs and generally dazzling all and sundry with his culinary juggling skills.

Unfortunately, at 6:00am, there is no chef! I have obviously dipped out by having to start so early. Must renegotiate my contract.

The hotel does have an impressive array of facilities. It is surrounded by a well kept golf course, which has a jogging/walking track incorporated into it. I opt for the walking bit, and I don't like golf. There is an olympic sized swimming pool and tennis courts. In the basement of the main building there is a grandly named 'Billiards Room', which in real terms is a grotty little cellar with five sad looking pool tables and a counter which sometimes serves tins of beer.

My real pleasure though, is sitting on the large verandah adjoining the restaurant overlooking the golf course and the sea, sipping a cool Bintang beer. (Insect repellent is a must after sunset)

The rooms are comfortable, but I'd have doubts about the cleanliness of the shower room. On that topic, rest assured that you will not suffer death by scalding in these showers. Slightly warmer than tepid is about the closest you'll get.....and that's on a good day. Bedding is in good condition, and towels are changed daily. There is a satellite TV in the rooms, but the channels get added or deleted on a daily basis, dependent on how bored the night shift reception staff get during the early hours.

All the staff are very friendly, lots of big, wide smiles. However, this hotel is not part of a western hotel chain. Forget about Sheraton, Hilton , Raffles standards of service. If you want something, and the staff appear to be ignoring you, then get up and politely ask for whatever it is you want. You will get it extremely quickly, with profuse apologies.

This is not a tourist hotel, so no frills. Having written that, I'm enjoying staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel for sea and golf course view.