“Great food, cool location!”

Priest Station Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: re-opened 08/2009 - Priest Station has been owned and managed by same family for 6 generations
Jamestown, California
“Great food, cool location!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I am ashmed that it took me so long to review this place. I cannot say enough good things about Priest Station cafe. They serve excellent food, and if you catch service on the right evenings it is just the family serving. They are friendly and welcoming. Most weekends they have a theme dinners (for lack of a better name) my favorite is the German nights. They have fabulous al gratin potatos, rustic bread and a handful of excellent main dishes. Lunches are similarly good, burgers, sandwiched, and homemade chips galore!

• Visited August 2013

“Yummy sandwiches and burgers, good variety”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our way home from Yosemite. There's a good variety of sandwiches and a fairly long menu of different burgers. My husband had the BLAT with sweet potato fries, one of my kids had chicken nuggets, the other had a grass-fed, free range burger, and I had the black bean veggie burger with sautéed onions, tomatoes, avocado. All very good. We sat on the pleasant shaded porch. The service was friendly but a little slow, so I recommend it for a relaxing meal rather than a quick bite.

• Visited July 2013
Modesto
“A Great View From The Top Of Priest Grade”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was one of the few area restaurants open on Sunday evening. We stopped here because it was open!
This restaurant is one notch above a fast food restaurant. All of the entrees are sandwiches and burgers in an atmosphere of casual dining.
My companion loved her turkey, cream cheese, cranberry sauce and walnut sandwich. I enjoyed the bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato sandwich. All sandwiches come with potato chips or french fries, but one will do better to pay $1 to upgrade to a salad in place of the potatoes. The salad had a number of different healthy ingredients and had a delicious vinagrette dressing.
The worst part of the restaurant was flies in the air conditioned interior dining area. The smell of the vinagrette dressing repelled the flies so that they did not bother us while we were eating!
The view from the restaurant is tremendous, making it worth the stop even if you only decide on a root beer float.
The restrooms require a key for entry, keeping out non-customers from the outbuilding. The restrooms were reasonably clean and fully stocked, accompanied by more flies.
The restaurant has its own parking lot.
The service was friendly and good. I went to cash register to pay my check as the servers seemed very busy.

Visited July 2013
North Carolina
“Best jambalaya”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Don't know for sure if that's how you spell it but we happened upon this place on a night that jambalaya was the special - what luck! Really good food, very pleasant staff. Stop in, you'll enjoy it.

Visited May 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Absolutely must stop and eat”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I'm glad I accidentally went down old Priest Grade just for the experience of it! Wow, what a trip. A few days later, I decided to go back to Yosemite so I went up. Not the same. Stopped at the restaurant to use the facilities. Decided to eat a swiss burger and fries indoors. Excellent. Charged up my phone while taking in the view. Didn't care for the flies, though. I would love to go back a couple of days and stay in a cabin, hang out, try some beers, and eat a few more of those burgers.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kimham11

Been to Priest Station Cafe? Share your experiences!