“first class restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Clonmel, Ireland
“first class restaurant”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We have eaten in Kilkieran Cottage several times and love it from the excellent service to the fantastic food you cant beat it for value and taste.The surroundings are especially fabulous you really feel like you are somewhere special and treating yourself. I would recommend a visit to this very unique restaurant you will not be dissapointed.

• Visited September 2012

Kilkenny, Ireland
“Gorgeous food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were celebrating an anniversary last Sunday, and rather than follow the herd to Kilkenny City, we thought we'd veer off the norm and try Kilkieran Cottage.
We arrived on the dot of time of our reservation, a bitterly cold day, but we were greeted at the door by a very pleasant lady who welcomed us and showed us in. She showed us to our table, located in a side area, just off the main floor of the restaurant, lovely bright and airy. Even better was the cosy & warm temperature inside, and our table had the benefit of being alongside a lovely warm heater... certainly a match for the chilly day.
We didn't have any wine to start, I had a few bottles of heineken, I did remark to myself how polished the bottles were, definitely not just taken from a crate and refrigerated..... I had the pork starter, which was gorgeous, herself had the duck. The duck & foie gras - was nice, but very strong, you definitely want to like your 'gamey' type meats to enjoy this fully. Next up was the mains, I had the Salmon, herself had the Beef. The Salmon come out of a piping hot plate (I love that) but it had the most gorgeous cripsy skin. The plate was decorated with roulade and the usual veg. The Beef was beautiful too, served medium, came with the most flavoursome gravy I'd ever tasted.
The deserts were also lovely I had the sticky toffee pudding, she had the creme brulee, no explanation necessary here, presentation, flavour, etc all top notch.
You definitely won't need the salt & pepper at Kilkieran! We are definitely going there again!

• Visited January 2013