“Centrally located”
Review of Motel 6 Big Bear

Motel 6 Big Bear
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Big Bear Region
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This hotel is nice but for the price a little less than what we thought it should be. We don’t expect the Ritz but come on … no shampoo?? Other than that and the female phone call at 5 am with the horny women this place is nice enough. The people in Big Bear make this place worth coming to.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 11, 2010

Just what you would expect from a Motel 6; a clean, comfortable room (though ours had two beds in it so it felt a bit cramped).

PRO'S:
Centrally located
Large fenced-in parking lot
Clean facility

CON'S:
No shampoo
Rooms in center of hotel a bit of a walk to the parking lot
Oddly-shaped shower
Small room (at least it feels that way)
No in-room clock

Overall my wife and I had a pleasent weekend stay at this hotel, although we we're in town for a dunebuggy show & off-road event and diddn't spend a lot of time at the hotel.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

Upon viewing internet reviews of Big Bear accommodations and not seeing any standouts, we decided to save some money for a change, and go cheap. We did! $55 including tax for one night at Motel 6, Big Bear, CA. We had seen TV advertisements for The Motel 6 chain as upgrading the hotel room interiors. This hotel was done a couple of years ago, and still had a clean bathroom, but could use a major carpet cleaning. As previous reviews have said - it's basic, no toiletries other than a bar of soap. Suprisingly the 20" tube TV got HBO and HBO2! When we asked the hotel clerk, Alan, if we could see the room before checking in he said "We don't ordinarily do this, but I'll make and exception." He asked "Why do you want to see the room, all Motel 6 rooms are the same." I said "Yes, but some rooms are clean and not worn out and some are." Our room was just okay. If you are a regular Walmart shopper, you'd like it. If not, try the Best Western down the street.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

The bed was very hard and the snow boarders clamored in at 1AM. The staff was nice about getting them to quiet down. Since we can afford it, we'll stay someplace with better beds and less rowdy clientele. If we couldn't afford it, though, I go ahead and stay there, but I'd bring the mattress topper and a fan to drown out the noise.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2009

I booked my room over a month prior to my arrival. When I made my reservation I had requested for the highest floor, and towards the end of the hall so I could relax. The day I left I called again at 1pm to say I was on my way, and to make sure my request was put into place. It took 4 hours to drive there only to find out at 5pm I DID NOT have a choice on any of the rooms. They booked my room on the first floor right in the middle. For 2 nights I heard the people above me, and I heard people running up and dow the walk way. I did complaim and the hotel did give me a credit for my troubles. Would I stay there again......NO!! I found other places to stay that are $20 to $25.00 more that would give me what I needed. When I travel I am looking to relax not listen to people flushing their toliets, neighbors talking out loud, and loud noises from people parking their cars in the parking lot. The room was clean and the staff could have given the customer a choice on their room. I found out 90 people checked out that day, and noone could give me what I was asking for. Sad!! Why did I bother to even call before I left.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Whilst not terribly friendly the motel was clean, comfortable and warm (we had very cold weather). It was close to restaurants and a supermarket. Free coffee. Take your own toiletries as there's only soap provided.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Hmmm....well, let me say that my wife and I knew what were getting ourselves into by staying at a Motel 6 so I guess all we have to blame is ourselves. We recently stayed here for the Big Bear Oktoberfest that runs in late September and October. The motel is right across the convention center where the Oktoberfest is held, very convenient location. The problem is, if your there on a Saturday night the festival closes at midnight and the party shifts to the hotel, since there are a lot of people staying at the Motel 6. It sounded like one giant party outside of our room until the wee hrs of the morning........

Ok with that being said the review of the Motel itself.

Negatives:
-Loud during Oktoberfest. Surprised management did not step in and ask people to be quiet. It was so loud!!
-Room itself had paperthin walls, we could literally hear the people next door having a general conversation.
-Motel needs to be renovated. The "new" renovated Motel 6's are good, this place needs a facelift.
-Surprising that the bathroom didn't come with shampoo or conditioner. I thought Motel 6' s provided this?
-Although the room was clean, we found a piece of a torn Trojan condem wrapper on our bed when we walked in......not good for first impressions.

Postives:
-Not much but Location for Oktoberfest. Your just a 2 minute walk to the party........

Overall we would not stay here again.....not even based on location given our experience. I might be ok if not during Oktoberfest........

Tips on Big Bear Oktoberfest:
-Buy the tickets online......you get the discount and can just walk right up into the hall....we had to wait in line to get tickets.
-Bring your Steins for Beer if you have them!
-Bring a goofy Oktoberfest hat if you have one.
-Arrive early between 3-4 pm to get a seat or table especially on a Saturday. If you have a big group of people get there earlier as it's crowded.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple