“for the money, TOP RATE”
Review of Motel 6 Big Bear

Motel 6 Big Bear
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Big Bear Region
San Diego, California
“for the money, TOP RATE”
Reviewed September 27, 2008

I was aware of the disgruntled previous guests but made my reservation anyway only to find NONE of their problems. The unit was very clean, the grounds were in good condition even though some minimal age could be found. If people want super plush ammenities, then go to a more expensive facility. For the money and purpose of only sleeping a few hours in the room, I give them an excellent rating. Will I go back, OF COURSE.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — AA trashy unlicensed camper was stored on the grounds.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank galesferryct

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed January 26, 2008

Motel 6 Big Bear is very conveniently located near the ski resorts , grocery stores like Vons and Stater Bros. as well as shops and restaurants. Our non-smoking queen size bed room was decent with basic necessities provided. The bathroom had been renovated and everything around seemed clean. The front desk at check in and check out were all very friendly with plenty of free advice to give when asked. We paid $62.69 for 2 adults plus 1 child by booking at motel6.com. It was an excellent price compared to other accommodations around the area. Definitely recommend to anyone looking for a clean and family friendly place to stay while paying reasonable rates. Not for fussy people or anyone who expects too much.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No perks
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Lucymydoggie
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I remember the days when Motel 6 used to be nice. I am interested to know why they have gone so downhill. I didn't expect much when I made the reservation, but didn't expect to be appalled. It was the worst Motel 6 I've ever stayed in. There were caved-in beds, rock-hard pillows, thin and scratchy blankets, an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke (non-smoking room, of course), no shampoo, hair balls and a 4 inch pubic hair in the bathroom! There were also lots of teenagers running back and forth down the walkway all night. A few girls actually mistook our room for theirs while I was laying on the bed in my pajamas. There are so many kids because of the snow park conveniently located
behind the building. We paid $93 on MLK weekend which was not even a bargain. We got totally ripped-off and I am sorry that I didn't take the time to do more research before making the reservation.

• Liked — The shower
  • Disliked — The room smelled like an ashtray.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Big Bear Region hotels

California
Reviewed January 6, 2008

We booked well ahead for a busy holiday week starting the day after Christmas -- only stayed one night of the four we had reserved because local family members had room for us after all. I could not have been happier with the reservation process, manner in which we were greeted (late arrival after a very long drive!) and manner in which our request to change our plans was handled. Anyone in the hospitality industry knows how harried the busy holiday season can be at a winter resort. All desk personnel were cheerful and friendly, both to us in person, and to the countless incoming phone calls looking for reservations during a sold-out time period. Since our dog turned out to be afraid of the open stairs, they would even have been happy to move us to a different room had we stayed. When I phoned to confirm the reservation before we left home, it turned out there had been a glitch in the original reservation process. After a brief moment of panic (knowing the whole town was sold out) I was hugely relieved to find that the problem could be resolved by the very helpful person on the other end. Room was basic, but impeccably clean -- two comfortable double beds, and possibly the best-designed motel shower I have ever seen. I recommend this place highly, and we would definitely stay there again if the occasion should arise.

• Liked — Pet Friendly and Excellent Customer Service!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carrie95014
Valencia, CA
Reviewed August 13, 2007

My friends and I go to Big Bear each year in October for Octoberfest at the Convention Center. The first year I went I wasn't excited to hear that they stayed in the Motel 6. But it was right across the street and none of us would be in any condition to drive anywhere. To my surprise it was actually a decent Motel 6. Front desk staff was friendly. Room was clean and fairly large for a Motel 6. It's cheap and the location is good for our needs. If you want something fancy find something else... but for a night or two this Motel 6 is not too bad.

• Liked — Cleanliness, value
  • Disliked — It's pretty cold in Big Bear in October
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
CA
Reviewed September 10, 2006

We stayed here for two nights in Sep 06. The room was very basic, other than towels there was only an ice bucket and two cups. We never received maid service. The website is deceiving. They charge you per adult when you arrive. When we checked in the clerk was friendly enough, but the phone never stopped ringing and she was very rude on the phone.

Stayed August 2006
5 Thank lenaohh
california
Reviewed June 26, 2006

What a Schock!!!
I have never stayed at a Motel 6 because of the stigma of it . I must tell you though I had no choice but to stay at the mtel 6 in Big bear one night a few weeks ago and was I ever shocked!

The peopel were so friendly and nice there I thought I was in another world! The place was immaculate! Every inch and corner of this motel that I was in was squeaky clean!!!
The room was basic. but super clean and the beds were comfy!

Even the pool sparkled ! No dirt or leaves or debri of any kind floating in the pool! It was certainly a pleasure to stay here this evening.

There was fresh coffee all the time in the office and the people there were so nice!
If you are in Big Bear and need a place to stay with affordable prices, close to restaurants and shopping then this is the perfect place!
I myself will certainly be back!!

6 Thank lftrosebud