All reviewsblue sprucefenced yardwasher and dryergreat cabinfully stocked kitchencoffee makerdogsnetflixsoapnest
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I had to delete and recreate my review because of the outright lie of a response posted by the management.

Here is my original review: (We stayed 2/25/2011)
-----
We stayed at adirondack. The cabin was nice but dirty. There were cobwebs everywhere. Two of the beds downstairs were broken; if you sat on it, it would fall to the side. The air filter for the heating system was extremely old, full of dust, and halfway on.

The cabin is listed as being able to park 4 cars, yeah right! When we arrived, the driveway was iced over and only one car was able to fit. You have no access to the garage, so a max of 2 cars fit. I have no idea where they got the 4 from, especially since the street is very narrow and you can't park on the street during snow season.

When we got inside the cabin, one of the beds upstairs was not made and the sheets were just tossed around. We called and told them about the driveway and about the bed. They said they would send someone over to make the bed and bring ice melt for the driveway. We left so they could take care of it and when we returned, there was a trashbag at the front steps with fresh sheets and no ice melt.
We called again and they sent someone out to make the bed, but the icemelt never came. We ended up buying our own ice melt and a pickaxe to take care of the driveway problem. We arrived around 2pm and the bed was finally made at around 7pm. Sure we could have made the bed ourselves, but it was the principal and the money we paid that kept us from doing so. I felt bad for the ladies that came to make the bed and tipped them for making the bed, I'm sure it wasn't them that left the sheets on the front porch and it was cold and snowing.

It snowed that weekend and we got blocked in the driveway by the plow piling up snow. We didn't bother to call the management company due to the fantastic service we received prior. (sarcasm) We dug ourselves out.

Overall we enjoyed the cabin but were very dissatisfied with the management company. They have very poor service and low quality in what they do. No one seems to check the cabins because the condition of the cabin was definitely not satisfactory for rental.

If you want service and a clean cabin, DO NOT rent from big bear cool cabins. It was our first, and our last time renting with them.
-----

This is the management response:
-----
Thank you for taking the time to share information regarding your stay; your feedback allowed me to address these issues and correct them immediately. The problems you experienced have been noted and are in the process of being resolved. According to our records, management did issue a refund in the amount of $200.00 due to the issues you experienced. We would like you to know that customer satisfaction is our main priority and we deeply apologize for the service and issues you received. Our records also indicated that we did send housekeeping to remedy the cleanliness, but you were not at the cabin when they arrived. There was also no key left in the lock box at the premise, which did prevent the crew from being able to clean the home and make the beds. We also sent a maintenance technician to the home with ice melt, and to look at the parking situation. I am looking further into this, to see if he ever made it out. During the winter months, snow does not accomodate our guests and the parking at many of our cabins. Snowplows are to go out and plow the driveway as best as they can, but when a car is at the cabin they are legally not allowed to plow, due to anything that may happen with a car being present. Once again thank you for taking the time to share this information, we hope that we can extend our hospitality to you in the future, to show you that we can do a lot better in regards to customer service, cleanliness... the whole picture. If there is anything I can be of assistance with please feel free to give me a call or email me anytime.

The Big Bear Cool Cabins Team
-----

I am outraged and re-posted this because you cannot respond to the management response.
Pretty much, they did NOT refund us $200. I have the credit card records to prove I paid the full amount. Management, do you have a refund receipt to back your claim?? They didn't even apologize when we checked out at the office. All phone calls to them during our stay were answered with attitude. When I called about the bed upstairs, they said they were going to send someone and we specifically told them we would be out. They told us to leave the key in the lock box and we DID, my guess is they didn't even check. The "technician" for the driveway never came and like I said, we had to clear the ice and hardened snow out ourselves. My original thought stands:

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Avg2424
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My family and I had the pleasure to spend the weekend in "Misty Morning". It had everything!!! Dvds in every room and cable. Fireplace for romantic nights and fun for the kids. And a tempur pedic king size bed in the main bedroom.
The kitchen was equipped with everything I needed to make some warm meals!! We already are planning to go again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We rented the Bear Hug Hideout for a weekend in January and had an absolute blast! Checking in was easy and took less than 10 minutes, the house was clean and ready for our arrival, the parking was ample, and the location was less than a mile from Snow Summit! We've been renting cabins in Big Bear for 3 years now and BBCC was by far the easiest and most pain-free experience we've had. Everything was perfect. We will 100% use them again for next year's trip

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I booked and cancelled a cabin within 1-2 hours and was told my card would not be charged for the full amount. HOWEVER, my credit card was charged and now I'm in the process of disputing the several thousands of dollars with my credit card company and Cool Cabins. Their service is anything but cool and I wouldn't ever use them again. They are dishonest and have stolen my money.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank goracingpr
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Travelled from UK in April and stayed two nights, on last night realised house was infested by mice, we contacteed Big Bear Cool Cabins on the morning we left to share our concerns, we were told that we sshould have come to the office, but it was late that evening and we left early the following morning. I thought any reasonable rental company would be symphathetic, but no were told we were in the mountains. On close inspection of the rooms we could see they had an infestation as mouse droppings everywhere in the house. After a large number of emails they very reluctantly gave us $100 back. I note from other users very similar issues re customer service, so come on Big Bear Cool Caabins listen to what people are saying to you and sort your customer relations out

Room Tip: Check property by email and ask questions
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank graham039
bbcoolcabins, Guest Relations Manager at Big Bear Cool Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share information regarding your stay; your feedback allows us to address any issues and identify them immediately. First and foremost I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We are listening to our customer feedback, and we are actively trying to improve our customer satisfaction, and customer service. I would like you to know, that the issues in regards to mice have been identified, and as has been resolved. You are our guest and it is our priority to make sure you have a great time with us. If there were unsatisfactory issues in regards to the condition of the home at the time of your visit we would have welcomed you to inform us of any situation. We pride ourselves on maintaining exceptional standards of customer service. With that said our guests’ satisfaction is our priority! Our office works very hard in our efforts of communication. We would have expected you to share your information at a time when we could have been helpful. We hope you will allow our company to welcome you to Big Bear in the future.

The Big Bear Cool Cabins Team