“BEST last minute snow getaway”

Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast Inn
Venice, California, United States
“BEST last minute snow getaway”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here with my two children, and we had such a wonderful time. We arrived late into this cozy little getaway, with all it's cabin "Alpine" charm. We nibbled on chocolates as we drifted off into a lovely sleep. The beds were super comfy. Everything was clean, and Linda and her staff were delightful. Breakfast was yummy.

She really went the extra step to make us feel comfortable; given that I was travelling with two children, I felt very welcomed and supported. We made friends with one of the other families there, and Linda even brought out supplies to make gingerbread houses. Such a nice pre- holiday treat for the kids. THANK YOU!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Gabriella R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
san Diego
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We love the Alpenhorn B&B!
We have stayed there in the fall, the winter with snow, and this past Nov/Dec....no snow...but COLD! Always warm and cozy inside our room! Plus...we loved that the whole place was decorated very Christmasy!
Have gotten to know the innkeeper, Linda, and always enjoy her. *** Her breakfasts are wonderful!!*** I think the breakfasts are what I love the most about the Alpenhorn!
Thanks Linda for a great stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pah8
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I recently had my wedding and reception at the Alpenhorn. The Alpenhorn provides amazingly picturesque grounds for both your ceremony and receptions. All my guests raved about how beautiful it was! You have you ceremony in the private “back garden” and your reception in the beautiful front garden by a man made stream. The lighting was beautiful. Every little detail was taken care of. The inn owner, Linda, was gracious, accommodating, and extremely helpful. The inn itself if beautiful and was great for getting ready. We stayed the night before and Linda’s breakfast was delicious! The quiche she makes is to die for! I would highly recommended the Alpenhorn as a ceremony and reception venue!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Courtney C
California
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Alpenhorn for a mini getaway on his days off.
The bed and breakfast is really beautiful and well taken care of. When you first arrive
you feel as if you are staying in someones house, it has a warm and comfortable feeling to it.
We have only stayed at one other bed and breakfast in the past so this was only our second experience at one it definately is a different feel then a hotel. Linda the owner and inkeeper was very nice and made us a great breakfast which we really enjoyed. I loved the fireplace in the room as well as the huge jacuzzi tub. I was expecting just a bathtub with jets but this was the largest bath/jacuzzi indoor tub I have seen indoors. If you are thinking about visiting Big Bear and want a nice, clean comfortable room this would be a great choice. Will definately visit again someday.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank heysweetiehey
Temecula, California, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had a amazing weekend at my sister's wedding staying at the Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast. Linda (the owner) is a wonderful lady. She made everything so lovely. The food was awesome. I can't wait to go stay again with all our family. Thanks Linda for everything :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
InnDerBach, Owner at Alpenhorn Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I love hosting weddings here and your sister's was especially lovely. I look forward to having you back in the near future.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We've stayed at a lot of B&B's before and the best by far is Alpenhorn. There are many great things about this place, our room, the amazing food, and of course our generous and delightful hosts. They made us feel like family and we look forward to our next trip back to Big Bear!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael C
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had a wonderful experience at Alpenhorn B&B. They are generous and really care, and we appreciated their hard work and the breakfasts were wonderful.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple